ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 2 Problems on 182

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced these 2 problems i have got on my 182 . First one is when on motorway doing 90 to 100 i get a loud whistling like wind type noise coming from the front window susepect it is either the window vent or maybe the wiper arm it is that area . My other problem is when selecting cruise control on dash i will be cruising along and then it just knocks itself on the switch . Any advice very much appreciated cheers...

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

i get the same noise around 90-100 too.

on my 172 that is!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I get a whistle sound and its from my wing mirror.

What do you mean the cruise control knocks itself on a switch ??? I dont understand what you mean ?

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My 172 used to whistle at speed. Apparenty the door trim (2.0l16v bit) was slightly proud.

Been quiet ever since.

Mercedes SLK350

I think he might mean the switch re-sets to off position, had the same problem, got new switch under warranty. That one now does the same thing, Renault quality you gotta laugh.

Ford Fiesta

problem 1= wingmirror drivers side.

problem 2= switch faulty, need a new one.

Had a problem with the wing mirror whistling and got a new mirror under warranty but it still whistles this is diffrent and louder more like a howl .

Switch just flicks off does my head in .

Embarrassed to say

My cup made the same noise. Things like this just arent worth taking your pride and joy to a dealer for, giving them the chance to treat your car badly.

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 08 January 2005

Had a problem with the wing mirror whistling and got a new mirror under warranty but it still whistles this is diffrent and louder more like a howl .

lol ask for your old quiter one back :p, has anybody succesfully fixed the whistling yet

Mars Red Clio V6 255

i have exactly the same 2 problems.

also can someone answer this, when i get out the car and press the alarm button to lock/alarm the car, most times i get 2 beeping noises straight after, sometimes i dont get this but most times i do. if i wait about 30 sec-1 min after i switch off the engine it does not bleep. anyone know what this is?

also driving alone the other day and the plastic just underneath the a/c console fall off, lol, tried to clip it back together but wont fit properly.

good old french build quality hey.

your alarm problem is known, quite a few do it, it wont cause any problems other than the fact it will beep, try getting renault to look but when i did they didnt sort it

Renault 182

I have the same problem on my 182, with the alarm bleeping, it been back twice now and they said they sorted but they havent.

When it beeps, its telling you the alarm has not activated because it has picked up a fault in the system.........so a pretty major problem insurnace wise!

so just be careful.....if bleeps open it again then lock it again......works for me

Renault 182

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 06 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Gareth Rallye on 06 February 2005

I have the same problem on my 182, with the alarm bleeping, it been back twice now and they said they sorted but they havent.

When it beeps, its telling you the alarm has not activated because it has picked up a fault in the system.........so a pretty major problem insurnace wise!

so just be careful.....if bleeps open it again then lock it again......works for me

not really a problem as the alarm is on and working when it beeps, the problem is a switch on the alarm and when you shut your car and lock it quickly the switch cant work quick enough so thinks the door is still open, hence the beep
I was just going off what the reanult mechanic told me but it wouldnt surprise me if you know more:)

[Edited by Gareth Rallye on 06 February 2005 at 7:04pm]

not really a problem as the alarm is on and working when it beeps, the problem is a switch on the alarm and when you shut your car and lock it quickly the switch cant work quick enough so thinks the door is still open, hence the beep
I was just going off what the reanult mechanic told me but it wouldnt surprise me if you know more:)

[Edited by Gareth Rallye on 06 February 2005 at 7:04pm]

here is the official fix for it

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!

Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is on causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the Renault alarm help line and quote reference RS+15, we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 08 January 2005

I know exactly what you mean mate. I had a long thread about this a few days ago. Its driving me nuts as well. Its really loud and sounds like its coming from somewhere at the top of the windscreen.

No idea what it is, but gonna see what Renault think of it.

Kot

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

the CC prob is the switch i had the same thing, i took it in for a new switch under warrenty came out and it happened again about 2 days later (dont think they changed it) then i took it to another garage they changed it and it has been fine for months and now feels more positive when it is pressed

my alarm does the same but i dont want renault messing in case they do somthing to it and for how often it happens i can live with it.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

how funny- we are all having the same 3 problems, whistling from the driver wing mirror, had this from day one, cruise control switch keeps turning itself off all the time, think the longest it has been on for without going off is 30 sec. and then the alarm not activating... any other group problems with the 182?

Quote: Originally posted by kieron on 06 February 2005

how funny- we are all having the same 3 problems, whistling from the driver wing mirror, had this from day one, cruise control switch keeps turning itself off all the time, think the longest it has been on for without going off is 30 sec. and then the alarm not activating... any other group problems with the 182?
lol, do you want a list of other problems, i dont have a problem with cruise switch, but then again its never been on!!

some other problems

middle section of exhaust falling to bits, knocking on acceleration, knocking on turnng, and knocking at slow speeds, dashboard lights coming on for no reason, annoying rattles (lots of), leaking rocker cover, headlight washer jets cracking and also falling out

With regards to the alarm issue if u give the tech code to a renault dealer they should fix it. I had this problem it beeped almsot every time I locked up, and Renault Cheltenham fixed it in about an hour under warranty. Its never done it since.