ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with a 197 steering wheel to fit my 172

Iceberg Silver 172
Ive got the chance at a 197 steering wheel, i heard they fit quite easily if you get the right stuff, what do i need, ie what airbag ect ect??? a link to a guide would be awesome

Would appreciate the help so much, thanks Nick

330i. E30 Touring.
Needs to be a 197 wheel and airbag, and you need to 'alter' the wiring, iirc.

Iceberg Silver 172
ive heard people having problems with the self correction, so when you go around and corner and let go of the wheel for it to turn back to the centre itself, it doesnt?? is this true?

and im not bothered about the cc i just want the airbag to work, do both wheels have to same airbag connections??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its a straight swap as far as fit goes. The auto correction thing sorts itself out after a while, what ever is stopping it wears away after a few weeks of use.

The airbag wires dont need modifying to fit the new airbag, whether the airbag will work, no one can confidently say so.

Cruise wires need altering, you can either chop and solder, or do what i did and convert the 197 wheels cruise buttons connector to the 1*2 style.

Iceberg Silver 172
Its a straight swap as far as fit goes. The auto correction thing sorts itself out after a while, what ever is stopping it wears away after a few weeks of use.

The airbag wires dont need modifying to fit the new airbag, whether the airbag will work, no one can confidently say so.

Cruise wires need altering, you can either chop and solder, or do what i did and convert the 197 wheels cruise buttons connector to the 1*2 style.

So do i need to buy a steering wheel off a 197 or the one that is on the renault sport website?
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clioaccessories/
thanks so much for the info by the way mate, great help :)