ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with bmc

clio sport 182
just got my 182 bmc cda kit,i cant see how to run the caf to the grill?i want to put a trumpet on the grill but there doesnt appear to be any room to run the caf to the right hand side of the grill as looking at the car from the front?any help welcome,cheers.

Megane 225
I take it you have aircon? I didn't bother with the cold air feed down to the bottom grill as there isn't enough room. I ran mine to the top grill instead!

My trusty lil 182 :)
There was loads of room when i did mine. Take off the wheel and inner arch - there is the main bit around the wheel and a second bit that goes behind this iirc. You can remove then get at and remove the acoustic valve which gives a good passage for the caf down from the engine bay.

There was then a flap of plastic up the side of the radiator from the undertray, just to the side of the grill. I removed this ( unclips at the back then cut down the fold) which gave the caf a way through to the grill. Put the first inner liner back in, although had to cut a hole in this to feed the caf through, then put the main arch liner back on and bobs your uncle. I used 78mm caf but there seemd to be loads of room to fit a bigger one if wanted.

Clio MK 4
It is tight fit but can be done. Either get a samco bend to give you more room or just angle the current bend down more.

I have my CAF running straight down to under the car where it peaks out slightly . Works better than grill as less bends to get there