ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Clio 3 200 cam sensor wiring

Clio 172 RS
I’m in Australia and struggling big time with a cam sensor issue on a hybrid 172/200 build.

I am trying to confirm wiring and corresponding voltages for a late model Clio 3 RS 200 cam sensor pictured below.

I know the pink wire is a 12+ supply.
There is a black/white wire and an orange/black.

I’m trying to confirm which wire is the signal wire and which is the analogue ground in a stock vehicle.

Also if the sensor wire puts out an earth trigger or is a +12v pulse output. Most importantly if this signal wire should show no voltage when ignition is on or if it sees a small voltage ie +5v from the ECU?

If anyone knows or can check I would be very grateful!

Attachments

• C69B0BB2-2A18-4D0B-AC9A-8A2E172E5571.jpeg
    C69B0BB2-2A18-4D0B-AC9A-8A2E172E5571.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 144

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Gen90...well trying to anyway....
Sorry mate, completely forgot to look out the wiring for you.
Right so here’s the wiring pinouts that I ran:

Pin 79 gen90 - pin 1 phase sensor = earth
Pin 74 gen90 - pin 2 phase sensor = can signal
Pin 78 gen90 - pin 3 phase sensor = power supply 5v.

Hope that helps mate. WhatsApp me if you need anything else. ??

Clio 172 RS
Thanks mate...have whatsapped...

If anyone out there knows I have heard a rumour that the cam sensor/wiring may have been changed btw earlier and later model C3RS - Can anyone confirm this???

Clio 172 RS
Yes it is supposed to be able to and has worked for Northloop above n the past.

Yes F1 is the signal wire - I’d like to confirm which wire that relates to on the 3 wire plug at the cam sensor.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have the following:

E2 - earth
F1 - signal
L3 - 5v supply

Looking at your picture above, the black and white wire (middle wire in the plug) should be the signal, so F1.

Just going through my wiring diagrams now that I did when I carried out the conversion.