ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP WITH DAMAGE

Hi Guys

Please help I have been to 4 garages who all say something different,
My partner was behind a bus friday night and the bus decide to do a wxxker manouvere... Due to road conds although we were around a 2 car gap behind bus we couldnt stop luckily no one was hurt and we were only going 29mph... But our bonnet is trapped shut and the O/S headlamp needs replacing which we have sorted but looking at the pics guys what price do you reckon???? we been told by one its only cosmetic... The electrics are fine and its still road worthy, our insurance has an high excess and we dont wanna loose our no claim bonus....the bus company are looking into it as I wanna claim off that idiot driver as he admitted he did a waxxer move...

Anyone know any garages in brum or a company aside from renault to get a bonnet for me ....... Happy Christmas ay???

289647891.jpg

289648880.jpg

289648879.jpg

Regards
Kelly

Last edited:
he reckons under the bonnet more needs doing .....a BIG JOB he reckons whereas the other garage said its only cosmetic but he dont do such repairs???

why do people lie.......I sell holidays I wouldnt send ya somewhere just to get my commisions so why do garages all say different things to one another, the first guy said its not much at all and you can still drive it then the other guy said oh dont drive it and we will have to saw your bonnet off and their will be damage inside etc etc its too big a job for him, so different opinions in 20 minutes and both have over 20 years experience apparently im female so they saw me coming i think..... Im too scared to get it from Brum to Wednesbury to the Renault Autocentre in case something bad happens on the way, he sounded cool on the phone and said it doesnt sound that bad and he can pull bonnet open not a problem......
;)

Chocolate Bar™
i wouldnt bother repairing the bonnet. approximately £130 off renault for a new one, and then it would need spraying.

the bumper looks like it could be repaired, i know they worked a minor miracle with my 172 rear bumper when it had a bump.

so in your situation i wouldnt go through the insurance company just put the new headlight in for now so its road legal and then shop around for a reputable place to sort it for you. but if its purely cosmetic you could do most of it yourself and just take the bits to the bodyshop to be resprayed

Megane 225
Doesn't look that bad, new bonnet, bumper should be ok, bit of plastic weld! Possibly needs a bumper bracket but ya won't know till you take it off. Take it the radiator nd all is ok?

BG 182
Sorry to hear that :( Like the above have said doesnt look too serious, new bonnet from renault and im sure that bumper can be pushed back in..

M2 Competition
Good luck with claiming off the bus company, as most insurance underwriters will side with the bus, especially if you hit it from behind.

As for the damage make sure you get the car on a jig, to ensure all is straight and true.

Is the tracking/ steering still fine?

tracking and steering felt heavy at first but that was right after the bump now its normal it drives perfect Im certain the radiator is fine and all under bonnet, do you think its ok to drive for short journeys, im just concerned of cost with it being xmas and some snotty nosed brat finding it comforting to scratch my car with a stone throughout the october hols along with another car on the street, that damage is around £300 for a respray we was just trying to get our heads around that, now this happens..the kids mom wont pay although we have a witness to him doing it and hes too young to arrest??

Lionel Richie
0121 666 7778, ask for Onka and tell him Fred and Has with the clios sent you, best bodyshop i've been in!

Punto/Clio GTT
hard to give a price over pictures on the net.

if the bonnets stuck down and wont open, you might find the front panels been pushed back and needs pulling out, or worst case scenario, it needs new front panel.

cant really see the extent of the damage to the bumper, cant see if its repair/new one.

bonnet is definite new bonnet needed along with the headlight like you say.

is the grill snapped? might need new grill too, the wings cracked at all?

i work in a bodyshop in wednesbury if you wanna get an extra quote from our place.