ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with mk1 1.2

Ive got a mk1 1.2 and want to do some simple mods to it to give it a better look. Anyone any ideas? If I got alloys, what size could it take without any problems and should I lower the car with this? If fitting a new exhaust, which types are best for Clios?

17s will go on no bother.

MInes has 17 kahn RS-S, lowered 40mm and they are fine, only rub when i have 3 people in the back.

My advice on an exhaust would be powerflow, you can have it customised.

Youve got a mk3 though ?

Prima racing do a sport kit for the non 16v models. This is a front bumper, rear bumper and skirts. If you got a 16v bonnet vent it could look quite nice without going OTT, something to avoid with 1.2s i think. Ascar exhausts are cheap and can anything you want, literally. Quality is better than powerflow too. If its blue you might as well get some gold 16 compomotives and lower it.

17s easy? Its all down to the offset (Speak to Juss, he has 17s on his Standard Arched Mk1).

I have 16v Phase2 Alloys on mine (195/50/15) and it rubs on full lock and on the back.. (inside arch needs grinding and I think the plastic inserts may have to go).. Lowered quite a bit on the back though, and about -35mm on the front.

I got a Mk1, Phase3 (1997)

Daz.