ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with new steering wheel

Trafic 140dci
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS I HAVE SEARCHED, BUT NOTHING HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION...

just bought a 172 cup, and the previous owner had changed the steering wheel, but never done anything about the airbag light, tried putting the 3.9ohm resisters in today but it didn't work, i've done a search and in the guide it said to disconnect the battery. (but this was in changing the whole steering wheel) so when i tried putting the resisters in i didn't do this as i didn't see the point, as previously with recaro's i didn't have to disconnect the battery.

any idea's?

thanks

tiTTy & SV650
The rotary switch behind the steering wheel, if the wheel is removed without centering it then it can break it. Happened to mine and cost £200 to fix from my local Renault dealer after paying £80 for a diagnostics to confirm, bum rapery

Stripped yozza'd cup
The rotary switch behind the steering wheel, if the wheel is removed without centering it then it can break it. Happened to mine and cost £200 to fix from my local Renault dealer after paying £80 for a diagnostics to confirm, bum rapery

f**k it.

I think I have this too..... I followed the guide and there was nothing about it in there.

renaultsport clio172
£80+ vat from renault 2 weeks ago for the clock spring and an hour to fit it(new ones come with a extra plug for cruise control) make sure the rotary part of the unit is centred otherwise it rips it apart inside . have you tried cancelling the airbag fault code after fitting the resistor? the airbag system doesnt use self diagnosis so the fault code has to be cancelled to get rid of the warning light. it takes no more than 5-10 mins to get into airbag system to get code,so to charge £80 is takin the p*ss!!!!!