ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with seats.

Right so I've got some decent Sparco bucket seats (thanks Jamie86)

I have many questions so wonder if anyone who knows more could advise me.

They've come out of a Saxo. So I've got Saxo frames and sliders I think. I'm told the sliders are universal anyway.

How hard would it be to drill more holes into the Saxo frames to adapt them?

I'm assuming I would need to drill holes in the Saxo frame to screw it into the normal chassis holes, then sliders should bolt to the frame, and seat to sliders.

How difficult are we talking, or should I just get some Clio Frames? Then again I'm still not 100% sure they will fit or be what I need anyway.

Also I've heard about sometimes seats sit too high, I'm quite tall so I was aiming to go for lower options if possible.

Looking at these on Demon Tweeks:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...s-universal/sparco-universal-base-mounts-pair

Would that fit to my sliders and seats, or would this from Ktec:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4308&appid=2

Or do I need the make to be the same ie Sparco...

Any help or guidance is very much appreciated.

Cheers chaps

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Should be fine. My friend 'Jezzamac' has Sparco seats with OMP runners and frames.

Do you know what brand runners they are? Best thing to do is to phone somebody like Demon and just ask. That's what he did and everything works perfectly.

I have phoned a few places already and they have been very helpful. It's only because my dad suggested he could drill some holes and adapt the Saxo ones that I wanted to ask.

I will probably just buy some new ones as you say with the advice from a professional.

I have no idea what brand the runners are. Sparco I think..

So I'll need some frames (preferably low sitting ones I'm assuming), slider/runners and that's it right.