ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with steering alignment after gearbox change

E46 M3
Had a gearbox change at a normal garage as Mick couldn't fit me in before the Bedford trackday and they've ballsed up the steering column alignment.

Something became disconnected in the car when dropping the subframe. When it's all back together the steering is 90 degrees out!

I took it as is because I needed the car. They said they'll sort it but I'd rather do it myself after seeing their gorilla tactics trying to get it back together.

Can the column be split at the splines where it goes into the rubber firewall boot?

Lionel Richie
oh, that'll be fucked then, guess they left the rack attached to the subframe and have now knackered the UJ section (bent)

330i. E30 Touring.
Not possible that they've just put the spline into the column joint 90 degrees out?

I have the UJ etc if needed mate.

E46 M3
If it is just the splined joint how do I get it apart? I've had the 4 13mm bolts out the column so it's free but the joint won't come apart.