ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!

renault clio 182
Hello

I'm getting a strange problem arising with the clio in the last couple of days and is getting annoying now. Anyway every time I start the car up I get a loud ticking noise as if the battery was dead but it isn't and only lasts a split second then the car does start and always does but everything also resets on the trip computer every time I start the car too, I'm thinking could be something to do with the battery, alternator or starter motor anyone ever had this problem and can shed any light on what it could be?

Thanks Sam

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Sam change the battery.

I was down today playing with the T and i turned it over twice with a clicking noise and then the third time it started but the battery was dying.

The car has not been started in around 4/5 weeks and once the car started i left it for around 3 hours running.

renault clio 182
Was thinking that anyway still the original battery that's in it anyway 10 years old now! lol was going too try getting it tested first see what volts it was putting out tho