ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here goes. Dead clio pics inside.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
So I went to remove all my stereo and bits from the car today, so took the opportunity to get some pics of the damage.

So the taxi looked like this;
IMG_1187.jpg

And the clio looked like this;
IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

Tore the exhaust off its mount;
IMG_1197.jpg

And displaced the interior slightly;
IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

So yeah, looking for a 1*2 now.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
f**king hell.

Is that going to be your fault? He hit the back half of you, is it not a case of not giving enough room to stop/not paying attention???

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Negative camber, yo!

It finally got the stance to go with the wheels.

f**king hell.

Is that going to be your fault? He hit the back half of you, is it not a case of not giving enough room to stop/not paying attention???

Yeah, my fault, despite him undertaking solid traffic at 40mph+ and only hitting the back of my car I automatically lose because I was crossing. Police officer said that he was satisfied that all the witnesses said I stopped and checked before crossing and there was nothing more I could have done to prevent it, so I won't be done for anything fortunately.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
is the meter still running on that passengers fair?

Doesn't look good mate! I'll PM you some info on total loss

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
is the meter still running on that passengers fair?

I bet he hoped so, she was the reason he now has a convertible mondeo. ('ooh, my neck hurts' syndrome)

As for the total loss, no need to be honest as my excess exceeds the value of the car so pointless trying to claim for it.

Last edited:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Too late! At least you won't have to pay your excess if you're not claiming for your damage.

Would have flipped out at the roof off thing.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
As gutting as it is, it's only metal mate and main thing is your ok. A little surprised your airbag has gone off though considering there's no front smash, is that normal?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Those wheels jinxed it, the car gods didn't like them with that ride height,
and they will not be tested on such things, so decided to take them off the road.

At least you can look for a decent ph1 172 now.

Nissan 350z
Good effort there! If this is going against you have you checked what damage it will do to your Insurance, can you insure a 1*2 with this on record for a reasonable amount?

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
TBF it looks like the taxi hit that part of the wheel so I don't blame it for being wrecked, if anything the abuse and potholes they've had to put up with in the past have shown that they're not exactly fragile.

If you haven't tried it yet, go on confused.com, I got my renewal down by 800 quid just by not trying the robbing b*****d meerkat website. Elephant/admiral/somegirlynamecompany (same company) was the cheapest by a fair whack for me.

Good effort though, both bags and the interior shifting that much!

Should have taken the rotas off tbf. I'd have had them.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
I used gocompare for that. Diamond was the cheapest IIRC but I haven't fully trawled the indies.

And what good would three rotas do, unless you're planning on putting them on a tricycle?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
blimey good effort!

Good to see you are okay and appear to be taking it all well (unlike myself when one of my cars got written off)

Best of luck finding a 1*2.

330i. E30 Touring.
You come across as a real know it all kinda c**t on here, so can't say I'm that worried tbh.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hmm, 2 crashes in a 1.2, are you sure you can handle a 2 litre car? :p

I'm McJokin. Glad you're not dead.

E36 328i
If you haven't, try Adrian Flux/Sky.

Flux were really good for my cup, much cheaper than anywhere else.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, I'll have a look but as I'm mid term it'll cost me £400 to cancel my policy so for the moment I'll have to add it to my current policy and change at renewal.

That's properly fooked!!
If you haven't tried it yet, go on confused.com, I got my renewal down by 800 quid just by not trying the robbing b*****d meerkat website. Elephant/admiral/somegirlynamecompany (same company) was the cheapest by a fair whack for me.

Good effort though, both bags and the interior shifting that much!

Should have taken the rotas off tbf. I'd have had them.
They'll be expensive when he tells them about this.