ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here goes. DVD/TV/Satnav fold-out screen stereo.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone actually fitted one of these to a Mk2 Clio (Specifically a Ph.1!)

It's a single DIN unit, but that's not really the main problem. No, the main problem is that it has several modules to be attached (Bluetooth, GPS, Stalk adapter) , as well as a GPS antenna + Bluetooth microphone. An iPod cable will be run down past the gear lever too but that's not going to be too hard.

Mainly want to find out where people have hidden stuff, I get that there's (Some!) space between the bottom of the stereo and the heater controls, but are there any other spaces I can wedge stuff into?

Here's the extent of the problem:
76007_10151590457241242_28875093_n.jpg

Now the dash top's going to have to come off to run the antenna + mic up the pillars, but I was thinking of putting the extra units in the sort of tray underneath the glovebox, as seen here, and then blank it off somehow.
DSCF1345s.png

I had a hard enough time getting just the stalk adapter in with my current stereo so I'd appreciate some suggestions on this one!

It is an absolute ball ache mate. But can be done.
When I worked for Halfords I fitted a Ripspeed one (Don't ask) into a Ph2 Clio.
You'll be able to find space, there is lots of room behind dashboard, heater controls, etc. Even if you just velcro the units tucked right up in the footwell. Hardest part is making sure all the harnesses are out the way as you slide it back in.

They do however look s**t lol. And looking at your pic, you might have an issue with the screen not being able to pop up fully because the radio looks quite recessed in the surround.

What about up under the passenger footwell near the relays etc? If the cables were long enough, mounted to the underside of the parcel shelf could be good, then run the cables back down the door trims.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Given how easy it is to kick the relays out, I'd be a bit worried about fitting them in the footwells. That said, I would like relatively easy access to the units in order to update them. The cables definitely aren't long enough to reach the parcel shelf though!

Hmm, what about removing the passenger side airbag and putting a blanking over over that. Too dangerous/mot failure maybe? =/
but yeah, just go for it - you'll find somewhere for it i'm sure!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Easy.
I had one in a ph2, with 2 video outs (sunvisor screens), a video in (ps2), a satnav in, aux in(iphone dock in ashtray), usb in(64gb memory stick hidden in ashtray), tv aerial (before digital switchover) 2x rca's (4 way amp for car speakers and sub amp), wired mic for phone calls, the regular aerial, and I had wiring for a dvd changer and rear view camera that I never got round to fitting.

If you take the dash top off, take the clock out, take the speedo out you'll see how much room you've got to work with.
It'll make laying the looms a damn site easier as you'll be able to get your hands in there.

I'd Velcro the boxes under the glovebox as already mentioned if the wirings long enough, or behind the centre console / ashtray.
Keeping the cabling hidden is going to be your hardest task.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Did you run the wired mic across the front of the dash then? I was planning to run that and the GPS antenna along the back, by the demisters, and then up the pillars that way.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I had left sunvisor screen cable under glovebox, up side of dash and under the pillar, right screen the same, but on the right (obviously). Mic was wired with the right hand screen cable and the mic itself sat at the top of the right pillar.
Tv aerial laid across the bottom of the windscreen above the demisters (left to centre, centre to right) (2 piece aerial with signal booster in the middle)
Sat nav cable the same.
PS2 cable came down behind the heater controls, under centre console and out under drivers seat.
USB cable the same finishing just below / behind heater controls (easy access to stick from behind, not that it got changed much)
Iphone cable the same but coming out at ashtray
RCA's run out along driver side and tied up under steering column

I think that covers it?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
No worries, when i first tried it i just tried to cram the hu in, that didnt work, then i tried to feed the cables with my hand in the hu slot and scratched my arm to bits.

once the dash top and clocks were out, couldnt have been easier lol