ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey all.. newbie here

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Hi all, hope this is the right section...?
Anyway, pick up my 54 reg 182 with cup pack, loving every second of the car, i also have an evo 8 mr320, it really is refreshing to drive the clio 182, took it out today for a blast down the lanes, and can really say that it is one of the most fun car to drive.
Anyway hope to have a great time on this forum, if anyone could shed some light as to what is the best mod's for the 182 i would really be greatfull.:D

Chocolate Bar™
Glad your enjoying the car mate! waits for cries of turinis lol

my first mod would be a good exhaust such as a yozzasport system or a prospeed etc

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Cheers lads, i love the fact that i dont have to let the 182 cool down/warm up etc.. BUT i want to mod the clio, but dont have a clue as to what the best mods are etc..

Chocolate Bar™
good induction kit such as a maxogen would also be on my list as the one on the 182s is apparently poo

BMW M3
Welcome mate,

A good list of mods i think (cause ive got them), would be...

RS TUning Remap
Inlet Manifold Match
Sports Cat/decat
ITG panel filter or IK with cold air feed.
Janspeed Exhaust system
And def... some Eibach sportlines

Enjoy the club and your new toy. And nice other car too ;-)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome to CS, Scoop.... ;)

I guess the level of modding will come down to how deep your pockets are! Clearly, you won't get the kind of gains per £ as you would with the Evo. From what I can gather, anything above 195-200bhp will involve serious wedge...

D.

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Na i was looking into, say an I/K and maybe an exhaust. Think that is what im after.. someone said maybe the ebatch sportlines? do peeps really think this will improve the great handling the 182 has already got??

BMW M3
^^^ yeah mate, Made a world of difference to mine. Corners much better, less roll and is not too harsh at all.

182 cup + Evo 8 MR320
Really, well i might have to look into that.. the only issue i have with the car is, that when i slowly reverse/pull away, i get a horrid 'crecking' sound,which seems to be coming from the drivers side front sus..
Do any peeps have a inclin as to what this maybe??
The car has only done 6k.

Really, well i might have to look into that.. the only issue i have with the car is, that when i slowly reverse/pull away, i get a horrid 'crecking' sound,which seems to be coming from the drivers side front sus..
Do any peeps have a inclin as to what this maybe??
The car has only done 6k.

Top mount is catching Renault have a fix but it doesn't realy work.

Don't waste money on engine mods. If your exhaust ever fails then buy a prospeed custom jobby rather than pay for a renault one...

The only mod's i'd make is suspension and brakes.

Mark is selling some leda's in the parts for sale thread at a bargain price and yozzasport are usually the best people to speak to about brake packages.

Welcome mate.. if you want to mod it, best to spend a bit on coilover and brakes, you wont get much bhp for your ££ out of the clio..