ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi All!Looking at buying and could do with some advice

Clio 172 Cup, Volvo
Hi All. I'm looking at buying a Clio 172 Cup for my wife and have found one at a bargain price. Its got 56000 miles, apparently with previous MOTs. Its got no service history so I gave Renault a call and they have no records and think it may be an import. I havnt seen it yet, it about a 2hr drive away. Just wondered what people think, is it worth the risk or just wait for another? Its up for £2350 and the reg is DU53 CFP. It looks very tidy with no marks but cant figure out if I can chance it. Thanks.....

service history is the most important thing, leave it and move on!

it probably hasn't had the belts done (its way over 5 years but who knows), and god knows when the last actual service was!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup, Volvo
Thanks all. Actually just spoted the flame red phase 1 in the For Sale section, bloody hell that might be the one. I think I read that some think these are the 'purest' of the breed? Think I feel a little more comfortable with a cliopsort member, service history etc. Thing is, with the import you would be spending a few hundred to do the belts etc, and it will always be worth less cos of lack of history.

registered on private plate brand new at renault wolverhampton.it has climate control as an option last time it was seen at a main dealer was september 2007 for an mot ;)

Clio 172 Cup, Volvo
Bought the 172 Cup. Had a PM from a forum member who had checked the Ranualt system and found details of the car, so all well. 2 Hr drive to view the car. All very tidy, it was missing the front lower spoiler and the aerial was snapped. The rest was perfect. It had been specced with Air Con and A spare wheel, matching alloys, rather than can. Anyway collect on Monday so will post pics. Thanks all for the advice.