ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi All

Clio 197
I am living in Loughborough, Leicestershire and am completely new to the world on Renault and Clio.

I currently have a Peugeot 206 Auto Sport which is for sale on this site but am looking for a Clio 182.

Hopefully you will see me around a lot more in the coming weeks/months.

Thanks
James

Clio 197
Thanks for the Welcome's.

As mentioned I am looking for a 182 and had a couple of questions to ask.

Basically reliability......
How reliable are they as cars? Obviously you can never to from car to car but as a whole, Im coming from a Peugeot but havent had any problem with it at all just wanted some piece of mind on the Clio.

Also price - Ill be looking to spend between £4,000 - £5,000 and possibly keep it for a couple of years. I have never really looked into Clio/Renault prices what am I likely to sell it for in 2 - 3 years time.

Thanks
James

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Welcome to the club man. All the answers to your questions have been covered in great detail on here already, so if you have a quick search you will get more comprehensive answers. In summary though:

How reliable are they as cars? Obviously you can never to from car to car but as a whole, Im coming from a Peugeot but havent had any problem with it at all just wanted some piece of mind on the Clio.

No more un reliable than any other car as long as its been looked after. Had mine 2 years and haven't had a single problem. There are cars on here that are on over 120k miles that haven't broke down once apparently.

Also price - Ill be looking to spend between £4,000 - £5,000 and possibly keep it for a couple of years. I have never really looked into Clio/Renault prices what am I likely to sell it for in 2 - 3 years time.

Your budget is realistic for a good example. I wouldn't worry about depreciation as it depends how many miles etc you will do in it and whether its in good condition at the time you come to sell

Clio 197
Thanks for the reply.

Basically I have been offered the chance of having a Z4 2.2 on a 54 plate from my mum :) Obviously I will need to buy it (which will be more than a Clio) but we know the history of the car and everything has always been done at the Sytners.

I like the Clio's a lot and for me and my age (24) I feel I would get a lot more fun out of the Clio rather than the Z4 and Im hoping the running costs would be cheaper for the 182 than the Z4!?

Just really a toss up between the two : - I love little pocket rockets and I have never had the chance to own one because the insurance costs have always been too high that why I am really considering the 182. Its just unfortunate thats my mum is getting rid of her right now otherwise wise a year down the line I probably would have had it.

Previous cars include:

Ford Fiesta 1.3 J Reg
Citreon Saxo VTR R Reg - Always wanted VTS
VW Polo (6N2) 1.4 Match W Reg - Always wanted GTI
Mini Cooper 51 Plate - Always wanted Cooper S
Peugeot 206 Auto Sport 55 Plate - Always wanted the GTI

I have owned some nice cars but never the top spec model because of insurance.

If you are reading this and have fell to sleep I apologise.

James

Clio 197
Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
James

Thanks for the reply.

Basically I have been offered the chance of having a Z4 2.2 on a 54 plate from my mum :) Obviously I will need to buy it (which will be more than a Clio) but we know the history of the car and everything has always been done at the Sytners.

I like the Clio's a lot and for me and my age (24) I feel I would get a lot more fun out of the Clio rather than the Z4 and Im hoping the running costs would be cheaper for the 182 than the Z4!?

Just really a toss up between the two : - I love little pocket rockets and I have never had the chance to own one because the insurance costs have always been too high that why I am really considering the 182. Its just unfortunate thats my mum is getting rid of her right now otherwise wise a year down the line I probably would have had it.

Previous cars include:

Ford Fiesta 1.3 J Reg
Citreon Saxo VTR R Reg - Always wanted VTS
VW Polo (6N2) 1.4 Match W Reg - Always wanted GTI
Mini Cooper 51 Plate - Always wanted Cooper S
Peugeot 206 Auto Sport 55 Plate - Always wanted the GTI

I have owned some nice cars but never the top spec model because of insurance.

If you are reading this and have fell to sleep I apologise.

James

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'd have a 182 over the z4 absolutely no question....

It's quicker
It's cheaper
It's more fun
Less 'look at me in posh sports car' which I hate.
If it was a decent spec, then maybe i'd consider the bimmer, but not a poverty spec model.

welcome to the club though chap. I guarantee, the first time you drive a 182, your mind will be made up.

Clio 197
Thanks for the replies.

Im glad I am getting some responses which point towards the 182 even though I suppose its a pretty biased forum :rasp:

A lot of my friends and family think I am mad to not snap the BMW up but the 182 really does interest me and I have all my life I suppose to try a Z4 but the 55/54 plate 182's aren't getting any younger so I really need to try one now before they all have 90+k miles on the clock.

I really am looking forward to owning one just would like the 206 to sell now.

Thanks
James