ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from a new 172 driver...and a couple of questions

172 cup
Hi everyone,

After much deliberating I have just become the proud owner of a mondial blue 53 plate 172 cup. So far I have been loving the experience, it's a brilliant car and quite a change from the golf tdi I've been driving recently. I've been grinning all night :) having now had the chance to have a good drive on a range of surfaces now though I do have a couple of questions.

Firstly, cambelt, I bought the car from a mechanic who says he changed the belts himself. He's provided me with reciepts for the parts and explained the whole process to me, seemed to know what he was talking about and apparently he has access to all the required tools. My question is is there a way to know for sure whether it's been done without actually removing the belts and looking at them? If they need doing then they need doing but it would be good to know it had already been sorted.

Also, I am really surprised at how loud this car can be. It does have a cotton green airfilter fitted but I have a feeling it may be the exhaust contributing to the noise as I can feel it knocking sometimes on the bumps and I may be loose somewhere. Maybe I'm just not used to such stiff suspension and lack of soundproofing yet though! And anyway gotta love that engine noise.

I'll try get some pics of her up soon :)

Last edited:
  Clio 172 cup
I've only had mine a month and I still grin like a fool when I drive it..... Love me Cup, and welcome..