ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi guys new to the scene :P

phase 1 172
just recently purchased a phase 1 sport in black she needs a few bits sortin like but she has 100k on the clock had the cambelt done three times and aux belt done 4 times got a full service history inc 4 renault check ups and oil n filters changed every 6-7k
bad points are
- it needs a steering wheel but gotone off ebay
-replaced exhaust but still blowing from down pipe to cat so suspecting its a gasket (hoping also!)
- needs a new engine mount - ive read they can be adjusted? but thinkin ktec uprated would be better inc gbox maybe too?
-headlights seem a bit s**t - maybe change the bulbs or put a xenon conversion on??
have a 2nd hand front bumper which im getting sprayed and fitted soon as the one on the car is cracked in a few places!

the cars pretty standard other than ??mm lowering springs, an espace v6 airbox and apparently a remap but i cant confirm although the car does feel alot quicker than the 182 and ph2 172 ive owned in the past...

i wanna get some better front and rear discs and then will get the brakes fully serviced although im not sure what make discs n pads would be best so any input would be nice :p looking at the ktec site is really makin me wanna save up theres so much nice stuff there! a set of anti roll bars, front + rear strut brace and solid top mounts seem the most obvious choice and some boss tires the uniroyals on it at the min are ok in the rain but they aint much in the wet!

one last point the car has the clio sport " CS" stickers on the side and the dealer i bought the car off in worsely manchester said it had been " enthusiast owned" and to be fair it came with every old mot all receipts for parts/service/labour and all reanult check sheets in a folder n the guy told me the bits wrong with her and @£950 i think its a bargain n gonna be a nice project id love to hear off the old owner if they still here too!! :p
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o514/cheechchong85/clio_zpsa7de0360.jpg

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome.

Looks like a tidy example ;) Go ahead and get a HID kit in the headlights, or you can use OSRAM Nightbreakers (halogen) for good light output.

phase 1 172
cheers man its got a list of things need changin or upgradin cheers for the info ill check them night breakers out could defo do with some more light especially with all the rain lately! :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate! Pearl Black phase 1's look great!

Can i ask why its had three timing belt changes and 3 four aux belt changes? Seems excessive unless there has been a failure some where along the line?

phase 1 172
have u got these nightbreakers on your clio mate? they look decent to be fair local euro parts 18 quid for two is a fair price n cheaper n easier to swap than hid conversion think ill get em tomorro, gettin the new phase 1 front bumper sprayed n fitted this week too looking for ph2 side strips and back bumper too anyone got one to sell shout me especially if they black already! :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I used to run Nightbreakers in both the dipped and high beam, but now I run HIDs in the dipped beam. It's quite a good combination IMO, the HIDs give good near vision and the Nightbreakers go for f**king miles ;)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
any chester or wirral boys on here if so do ya have meets? when if so cuz im game be good to chat s**t to like minded folk!!

Yes we're fairly active.

Become a paid member and take a look in the North West section.

Also, there will be a few of us at Oulton Park on Saturday for CSCC TinTops racing.

phase 1 172
so fitted the dog bone poly bushes today - 5mins to get the dogbone off 3 hours gettin the piece of rubber out each end whata ballache well glad i done it though car feels mint now though she hits bumps n feels solid n the gear change is much nice too double bonus and the fact i could hear it clunkin before now its quiet as a mouse almost!! gonna swap the other two engine mounts for ktec ones this week hopefully and then time to swap wishbone and antiroll bar bushes seems a good idea after the one today anyway
. feeling some front n rear omp strut braces too and then will be gettin the front bumper replaced for the one gettin rained on in my yard!! has anyone had any experience with these they seem cheap any £46 for rear and £79 for front + another £90 for bushes car should be feeling like new after that lot - fingers crossed

@danny172 not sure bout why so many cambelt changes the folder for the car is full of reciepts though and all mileages check up correct between services, renault checkups, parts replaced and mots so im guessin yeah maybe it had a problem or maybe just an over cautious previous owner???

phase 1 172
also has anyone fitted a phase 2 steering wheel AND airbag into a phase 1? i read a thread about it somewher im sure i remember reading i will need to place a 3.9 ohm resistor in between the bags cables and the power from the car please correct me if im wrong anyone gonna tackle this tomorro so fingers crossed i dont blow the fresh bag for this new wheel!!!! :p

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
There's a meet in Chester tomorrow dude if you fancy it! Ch35qd from 5:30 till About 6:40 we will be there

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Can recommend Ferodo DS2500 pads all round and Brembo high carbon front discs. Demon Tweeks are reasonably good for prices. The front anti rattle shims will need to be removed though as the Ferodo pads are a bit bigger than standard ones.

phase 1 172
damaged track rod end and tie rod so swapping both sides tomorro and ordered a new standard damper from renault for front NS as its fucked :( bumpers gotta wait now so cars off the road n im gonna start pulling her apart tommoro any help or suggestions will be much appreciated, i spoke to a reliable mechanic in birkenhead and he said these were the parts i need to replace, i was thinkin maybe my drive shaft had bent but he said no way, i was gettin vibration thru the steering wheel on accelaration i will keep post on how this works out anyway :p

phase 1 172
and cheers marksmith defo gonna be uprating the brakes lines and fluids by christmas and found a safe garage i can defo recommend clio sport owners to [h=1]D M Garage Services - Car Dealers (Used) in Buckley, Mold CH7 3DZ[/h]the fella here called dave runs a rallyed up sport, a very good friend since childhood put me onto this guy hes gonna do my next service + check up and after christmas fit me an uprated clutch and flywheel then hopefully have the car on itbs by summer time dunno if im breakin the rules postin this guy just thought any chester or local boys might find it helpful if this post needs editing no hard feelings ill apologise now :p if not big up dave for any clio work needin done :p

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't think your breaking any rules mate i think his wife use to be on here and i am sure i know a lad that works there.