ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi

182 FF Inferno
Just thought I'd say hi as I'm new on here.

Just a lurker on here at the moment. Current carless:( . I was after a C2VTS or Lupo GTi. The Lupo idea got binned as I'm not paying £5k for a 7 year old car!! Got a decent quote on 172/ 182's so thought I'd research them.

I've recently got rid of a Golf mk4 GTI due to running costs and the car being too big for what I need (30mpg max, tax to go up next year) Would a 172/182 be any cheaper to run then the Golf was??

Budget is £5k stretching to £5.5k for something special. What would that get me??

Matt

vers le haut doigt milieu
You can get a pretty good 172, if you do the ones worth looking at are after 2003 where they added Traction control and stability and after 2004 they added cruise control with speed limiter. do remember its French so try to buy one with a warranty.
But Welcome!

182 FF Inferno
Cheers Bash. I've had a few Saxo's so I know all about french build quality. To be honest, I don't think its as bad as people say.

I've seen early, higher mileage 182's dropping into my price range. Is it worth going for one of these over say a mint late, low mileage 172?

The higher mileage 182's will be ok but if u get one make sure it has at least a years warranty. A lower mileage 172 would be a better choice but I would of bought a high mileage racing blue if there was one in my price range when I bought my car. When you find a car post it on this site because chances are someone will be able to give you some history.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
If you can view the forsale thread my mint 172 is up for sale as we speak and within your bugdet. And hi welcome to the club

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i think its only 4 as i think it was a demo car first off. i have all the paper work and to me one chap had it up to 24k and then one had it from then to 29k which is when i brought it. but dont know where the 4 one comes from. I got to say most of these cars are only brought for a few months as a toy mate.

RB 200 Cup!
welcome!

You can get a pretty good 172, if you do the ones worth looking at are after 2003 where they added Traction control and stability and after 2004 they added cruise control with speed limiter. do remember its French so try to buy one with a warranty.
But Welcome!

er? my 53 plate 172 had those

182 FF Inferno
Cheers for the welcome guys.

Bit of a newbie question, and I'm sure its been asked before but some 182 ads I've seen say "both cup packs". What is in these cup packs and is it worth paying a premium.?

Family Bus
Hey welcome to CS! Get ya membership paid and browse the forums..loads of hints and tips!!

welcome!

But Welcome!

er? my 53 plate 172 had those

Yep 53 plates where in 2004.