ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID power connection

Clio
So Ive got the HID bulb into the two clips coming from the ballast which I assume will now replace the old bulb.

Now how to power the ballast? There are two spade connectors on the wire going into the ballast (red and blue) which I guess is live and natural however where exactly do these two connector spades connect to?

On my old bulb I have two brown wires connected into the bulb and a single yellow wire. Is this what I get the power from? if so are the two brown wires connected to the red and the single yellow to the blue?

Also this won't be a simple 'slot it in' connection so what's the beat way to make a connection?

Cheers.

Clio
I was being stupid, the wires went the other way round so now work. Drivers side is all done and bulb clipped in securely as there was a clip arm that holds the bulb in.

The passengers side hasn't got this arm clip thing so I think I'm going to have to take the bumper off to see what I am doing. I can't even get the standard bulb back in secure so will have a pop at that tomorrow.

1.2 Dynamique
I had to get someone to fit mine and he tried to do it with the bumper one but it was too difficult..alot easier with the bumper off!

you confused the sh!te out of me
here is the way you need to wire them up.
also no need to take off the bumper FFS

original wiring > ballast > H.I.D bulb