ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high altitude turbo 182?

Hi from Mexico..

I am seriously considering purchasing a 2006 Mexican Clio trophy for track and fast road use. It seems to be a FF 182 with Recaro seats and RB paint, no fancy shocks. Anyway it's quite altitude high where I live and drive, 1700-3100 meters. So the stock engine is down from 30 to 50 hp. If I buy the car I will put on a ED low boost turbo kit, so my my question is ... does the T25 turbo used in the kit have enough headroom to make near 230 hp power at 3000 meters? Are there any exhaust gas temperature issues with with the kit that will be worse at high altitude? Does the intercooler have enough headroom for long climbs without heat soaking?

I don't think anywhere in the UK is that high altitude, so I'm not sure many people will know for sure! :D lol

There might be a website that has information or a modelling tool to work out the effects of high altitude on a car engine?

I'm guessing that if the t25/t28 turbo in the 230hp kit is the same as the 280hp kit there is headroom to make up most of the hp lost because of altitude, does this seem right? The low boost turbo will have to spin as fast to make 7 psi at 3000 meters as it would to make 14 psi at sea level?

I love the handling of the Clio but in Mexico City at 2500 meters the it is slower than my Golf 2.0 tdi.