ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high idle on 16v(least it still goes!)

the valvers idling a little higher than normal, runs fine driven 500odd miles like it over the weekend, but its idling around 1200 - 1300 instead of the usual smack on 1k.

anyone know why and is it about to break down cos it is a whole week since it last f**ked up, so im due for a garage visit...;)

I think im getting my own parking space at the garage.

they dont even bother to do the bolts up now, saves time when they have to take it apart again.:D

check the icvs mate, quite a few of us having the same problem at the mo by the sounds of it. take it off and give it a good clean with some carb cleaner, see if that helps.

After ive ragged my valver when the engine is really warm then mine idles from about 1100-1200rpm , but this only happened since i had it de-catted - no lambda sensor i guess...?