ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Mileage commuter 182 deep clean (pic heavy)

Clio 182
Hi Guys

With the sun deciding to make an appearance I decided it was time to give the 182 a bit of TLC. The car is used as a commuter with a 90 mile round trip each day so the road grime builds up really quick.
The car has previously been machine polished to remove as many defects as I could safely and then protected so it was interesting to see how the protection was holding up.
I am a bit of an Auto Finesse fan as you will tell. Great products and so easy to use.
Right a couple of pictures before I started. It was starting to look a bit sorry for itself.

[/URL
]

[/URL
]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Right I started with a bit of a hose rinse just to get the loose dirt of and see how the AF Tough Coat was holding up after 3 months. It did surprisingly well as you can see with the beading.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

First up was my favourite bit. Snow foamed the car in AF Avalanche and left it to dwell for around 15 minutes to give it a good chance to remove as much of the dirt as possible.
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

After this the car was rinsed off. Have to say this is the first time I have used Avalanche and the results where stunning. Still gave the car a wash using the 2 bucket method but it hardly made any difference.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Then the paint started to look ok again and the gold flake was finally showing. Dried the car off with a drying towel and now it was time to start getting the gloss back.
IMG-20140308-00459.jpg

[/URL]
Then it was time to give the car a quick wipe down with Auto Finesse Finale to see what i was working with.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Next stage was 2 coats of AF Triple to get a bit of a wet look back

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
IMG-20140308-00478.jpg

Forgot to take the photos of this buffed off but followed up with 2 coats of Tough Coat to lock in the shine and add a bit more reflection. Really cannot explain how good this stuff is just whatever you don’t get it on plastic trim. It can be removed but is a bit of a pain
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

As it was getting late I buffed off the Tough coat, Coated all plastic trim in AF Revive, Tyre satin applied, and wheels coated in mint rims. The alloys are the only part letting the car down but hopefully should be refurbished next month. Also gave the interior a quick clean through with AF.

Here are the finished results not bad for a car with 100k.
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Still some areas to be refined a little but i think it looks a bit better.

I will apologise now for the rear lights but the original kept steaming up and blowing the bulbs so they are on for a temporary measure.

Thanks for looking

Last edited: