ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Higher amp alternator?

Renault Clio
I’m looking for an alternator that has higher amps for a 172 I have a sound system and the battery keeps going flat even with the car running is there any high amp ones or any alternative alternators that fit?

172 Ph1
I’m looking for an alternator that has higher amps for a 172 I have a sound system and the battery keeps going flat even with the car running is there any high amp ones or any alternative alternators that fit?

Only think there is 2 available 110a being the highest.

Have you looked into power caps. Voltage storage for the stereo system . I’m no guru by the way.

bigfella2

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Clio 182
I have managed to find a 120 amp alternator off another Renault, that physically fits, but it has got damaged in transit so waiting for a new regulator to come, then I can try and run it.

Mine has cup brackets, well Volvo ones anyway. Am a newish member here and relatively new to Clio ownership so hope I am not telling you guys something you already know.

You can fit anything to any engine given enough time, is yours a cup with a lower mounted one or a high mounted one that ticks under the slam panel

Power caps to whoever said it above don’t really achieve anything in sound systems, far better fitting an extra battery even if it’s small like an odyssey pc480 or similar so there’s current readily available next to the amp itself

I have done numerous alternator conversions on loads of vehicles and I have modded them for more voltage or even external transpo regulators for variable voltage

bigfella2

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Clio 182
Hi, I remember your name from the talk audio forums dum dum.

Not sure if the question was for me or thread starter. It was a 182, but binned of the AC and the pas pump as have gone epas.

But running fundamentally a cup set up, only difference am using Volvo 300 1.7 brackets to mount the alternator.

Last edited:
Hi, I remember your name from the talk audio forums dum dum.

Not sure if the question was for me or thread starter. It was a 182, but binned of the AC and the pas pump as have gone epas.

But running fundamentally a cup set up, only difference am using Volvo 300 1.7 brackets to mount the alternator.
That’s me ? just bought a Clio RS200 cup with the intention of doing a few track days and wearing some tyres out ?? In the meantime if I can help with a few audio and alternator related questions I will, and engine stuff but I am the first to add I’m a better auto electrician than a spanner monkey but I was both of those for 12 yrs ??

7711134267 is the original 172/182 110amp item.

There some 150 amp items, 8200846074 for one, available from Renault.

Standard fitment on Laguna`s I believe.

If they don`t fit directly, I`m sure you could swap the internals around.

https://partsouq.com/es/catalog/genuine/parts?c=Renault&ssd=$BQoJQHMFBwYESlgPHTkCTVpaQkFmWQQROQMBAAJMRV1YKzM_A3B2BAcDcgRfVkECBQIFTGx0chwtFVZ4X0wLWgAX$&vid=1247&gid=10451
Possibly a bigger case, there’s a 210a alt that fits various renaults that we used to modify for higher voltages and with higher currents as a result, I clamped one at 250a roughly in an Audi with an external regulator set at 14.7v ??