ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highest Mileage 172/182

133/225/CLS AMG

Just wondered whose done the highest mileage in a 172 or 182 and how well is it holding up??

Only interested as so many people moan about rattles etc but I wondered how they are after say 70-80k???

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

mines done 17.5 k since last april.....:eek:....not quite the 70k.....but its going strong....touching wood eveywhere !!

Ford Fiesta

I always presumed these modern powerful engiunes should run miles and miles if looked after. BUt that many thread about leaking oil and the like, Ill be happy if mine makes 20K!

lol:p

Lionel Richie

leaking oil???? pah, just put more in

yoz is on 77K on a 52 plate IIRC

thrash the f**k out of them, they get quicker the harder theyre driven/the more miles you do

my god 77k on a 52 plate, thats a fek load of driving.

My RT is on 83k today and is 10 years old. Slightly different use of car i spose, just amazed that many miles can be stacked up in so little time.

EVO VII

my mk 1 172 has got 77k drives like new, infact the only annoying rattle ive got is my rear headrest. i must have a good one. looking though the folder i got its only had 2 new wheel bearings and thats it. :) touch wood.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

There was a mk2 in black for sale on a 51 plate just before christmas and that had 96k on the clock(autotrader)

ian

Remapped derv Golf

Cant believe how many miles some people do!

My friends had his Astra since October 04 and already totted up 14k

get out and enjoy the cars more.

half of these 172/182s arent even run in. Mine didnt wake up until 30k miles.

/y0z

172beast

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 29 March 2005
get out and enjoy the cars more.

half of these 172/182s arent even run in. Mine didnt wake up until 30k miles.

/y0z

Totally agree! Mines on 47k now, done 20k in past year including trackdays and qtr miling, previous owner had it garaged everyday and only used it at weekends. Feels like its gettin quicker with age definitly! Killed 2 wheel bearings and a gearbox though!

133/225/CLS AMG

Its good to know that although people moan about the build quality of these cars they seem to last pretty well!!

Ive only managed 11.5k since November 03, thats to work and back each day and a bit of leisure. Only rattle I got is the seat that reno fixed. :D

133/225/CLS AMG

only 21k since 2001 thats impressively low. How come its so low.

I mean I thought my average of 8000 miles a year was pretty low.