ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highest Mileage Clio?

So, My 1.2 2000 Clio just ticked over 120k miles, this is my perception of high miles, I laughed at my mate when he said he had high miles at 60k on an 03 plate.

So what are yours at?

2013-11-15221711.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Some guy had a dci van with circa 450k miles.. Do a search this has been covered a few times before..

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
1545020_661787340533790_1869374265_n.jpg

done 21,204 miles since 13/4/2013 thats a minimum of £4,240.80 in fuel :eek:

Last edited:
  172 rag
So 119k miles is ok then lol.
Hopefully with new cambelt, dephaser and a few other anticilaries it will hold before the big bang.
Time will tell. It seems though that it had aged gracefully.
I dont want to think of an XU engine with this sort of miles.

So 119k miles is ok then lol.
Hopefully with new cambelt, dephaser and a few other anticilaries it will hold before the big bang.
Time will tell. It seems though that it had aged gracefully.
I dont want to think of an XU engine with this sort of miles.

I've already had the Big Bang, in the form of the head gasket going without warning half way round a roundabout, it's never felt the same to drive since I replaced it and I'm sat there sh***ng myself every time I hear a noise or feel a judder haha.

That was all at 112k so it's still going strong "touch wood".

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My clio ruined various valves at pretty much exactly 100k whilst travelling some speed lol.

Astra also ruined headgasket and whatever other damage its caused at 300 mile short of 100k at nearly 150mph. I should give cars an easier life, maybe.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Our old 172 was around 150K, and our 182 is 120K

Ive seen other cars with far less mileage and far less healthy engines than the 150K in particular.

Which leads me to make the (highly unsurprising) conclusion that other facts are FAR more important in the health of a F4R than the number of miles its done.

Id take a well maintained high miler used for long trips over a stop start shopping car making a few short trips a day to drop the kids off at school etc.

I think its the number of cold starts and the regularity of oil changed, and of course how it is driven, that are the biggest factors, mileage is a lesser one.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Our old 172 was around 150K, and our 182 is 120K

Ive seen other cars with far less mileage and far less healthy engines than the 150K in particular.

Which leads me to make the (highly unsurprising) conclusion that other facts are FAR more important in the health of a F4R than the number of miles its done.

Id take a well maintained high miler used for long trips over a stop start shopping car making a few short trips a day to drop the kids off at school etc.

I think its the number of cold starts and the regularity of oil changed, and of course how it is driven, that are the biggest factors, mileage is a lesser one.

this, my 182 is on about same, 120k, and the engines a peach.

Not a clio but...

Saw an AM V8 Vantage with 140,000 miles up for £40k earlier today. Granted it was a development car so had some dampers and carbon bits, but I thought the V8 vantages were circa 60k new?

172 rag

Thats exactly how I chose my clio. I ve seen many other with half the milage but sounding unhealthy. Mine for some funny reason sounded quite sweet. Despite that a leap of faith is necessary.
I was pleasantly surprissed and releived when Mr MOT told me that the emissions were more than ok lol.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Mine has 140,000 on it now and it's still sweet. As long as its had decent oil and regular servicing then the engine should easily do really high mileage. Modern engines are built much better and synthetic oils have helped towards them lasting much longer.

Renault clio sport
Mines just hit the 100000k still runs sweet as a nut! mark quite worried as to how far it will go Campbell got changed at 72k first car av had with mileage tht high she's getting a full service and new shoes tomorrow.)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I hate to say it but i will never see my clio get to 100K :eek:

I cry if i have to use it for the shops

Cooksport Fleet
Mileage doesn't reaaaally matter providing it's cared for. Mines on 74k and on its 3rd engine...

But then again it's just a neglected mule/track day car

133/225/CLS AMG
I hate to say it but i will never see my clio get to 100K :eek:

I cry if i have to use it for the shops

I'd be surprised if I do too, my 172 is on 65k but I only do 5k a year in it so I'll probably sell it before the 100k mark.

Funny thing is 100k used to be deemed as a high mileage, now days it's fairly common and buying a well maintained car with that kind of mileage isn't a bad thing.