ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

highest mileage seen on a clio?

LY R26
whats the highest mileage anyone has seen on a clio?

a guy came into my work to trade in his 54 plate clio dynamique 1.2 16v.

the clock read 236000. was totally shocked. he didnt think id offer any money as a p/x and was surprised when we were willing to give him 500 for it.

he said only thing hes done to it was changed the belts and got the clutch done at the same time as the timing belt

didnt believe him when he said it was nearly 250000 so was properly shocked when i saw it :eek: :cool:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I knew that my next 236000 miles of driving was going to be in my 1.2 I think I'd give the DVLA my license back.

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
that would make an average of about 130 miles a day. In that car it must have been a fun 5 years of driving!!

Clio 1.2 Billabong
Christ, that's almost the distance to the Moon. Maybe Renault should buy it back and use it for research.

172 CUP
My clio williams 1 had 207000 miles on it when I sold it 7 years back.
As you can imagine it had got quite tired at the end.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never had anything near that ive had...

1.2 16v 140k - ENGINE DEAD BY THIS POINT!! pissing out oil everywhere from rocker cover, ran like a pile of shite but went really well lol! used about a litre of oil to a litre of fuel lol.

1.5 dci 65 155k, ran like brand new!!

Not entirely on topic, but I did 120,000 miles in Clios between my 17th and 24th birthday, and I never had a single breakdown, major fault or problem. I only ever had basic service parts replaced when required. Only one of those Clios was bought new, and one of them was given to me with 70k already on it, I sold it without about 120k on it iirc.

Apart from the melted steering wheel in my Cup, nothing ever went wrong. Pretty impressive for a 'dodgy French hatchback', really.