ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hill Power Mods....

Hi all,

just rang up hill power to talk about getting some mods on my cup. Just wondered if any of you guys have had any of the following and what you thought.

1. Hill Power IK

2. Hill Power Panel Filter (with/without the silicone hose)

3. Inlet Manifold upgrade

4. Tar OX disks and/or pads (front only available)

Telford_mike - Nick mentioned to me to about the 1300 idle speed on the Group N ecu. He also said that they would have their own re-map available in about a month (c. £270) If any one is interested.

Due to my limited funds at the moment I am tempted to just get the panel filter and maybe the silicone hose. What do you guys think?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ive got the ik and silicone hose. sounds good and seems to have made a little difference. think you only get the high idle on normal 172s not the cups.

Renault Laguna Coupe

The Tar-ox pads are brilliant. I use them with the original discs and they are just amazing. There is absolutely NO brake fade. My missus went out for 10 consecutive laps at Donington Park with an instructor who was really urging her on. The brakes were literally on fire when she got back to the pits. Another 10,000 miles on theyre still going strong.

The silicone hose is well worth the dosh in my opinion. Have a look at the original hose and youll see how crap it is.

Thanks for the info about the re-map - sounds promising!

Cheers guys.

what do ppl think of the replacement panel filter. Will it make any difference what so ever? Hillpower told me it provides a small induction type noise and would improve bhp slighty. Is this correct?

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 15 May 2004

The Tar-ox pads are brilliant. I use them with the original discs and they are just amazing. There is absolutely NO brake fade.
Which Tar-ox pads is it youve got mate?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Are the tar-ox pads okay before they are heated up ? do they need much warming up to get working properly.. I do a lot of short journeys.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 17 May 2004

Are the tar-ox pads okay before they are heated up ? do they need much warming up to get working properly.. I do a lot of short journeys.
Yep, although I had the discs as well - I dont know if that makes any difference.

This inlet mod upgrade - did Nick give you any quotes on prices / power gains? I know Ben R & Andy GDI are looking into a similar project with gains very near to 200bhp with a few other minor mods. All news to me but sounds very interesting.

?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 17 May 2004

theyre just like the normal pads in everyday use - I only notice the difference on trackdays.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Cheers, sounds like those are the ones to go for then.. anyone have more info/pics about the inlet manifold ?

rockport - not sure whther same gains on a williams.

Give them a bell - 01530 273 633 or 07973 342 081 they are v. helpfull!

If there is enough interest in a particular mod, could we arrange a group buy?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 18 May 2004

is that the same predicted increase for willy/valver owners tpp Cupid?
Think they meant that would allow the engine to be tuned to 200 bhp without the need for turbo or throttle bodies.

Dont think the actual manifold will make a huge difference, once you put cams and a modified head and sort the fueling out it may be a big difference though!

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 18 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 18 May 2004

is that the same predicted increase for willy/valver owners tpp Cupid?
Think they meant that would allow the engine to be tuned to 200 bhp without the need for turbo or throttle bodies.

Dont think the actual manifold will make a huge difference, once you put cams and a modified head and sort the fueling out it may be a big difference though!
Thats what i meant, stop being picky matt and make sure your phone is switched on saturday ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 18 May 2004

and for 2 grand I should bloody well hope so!

sorry to be a pain, but back to my original query - whats ppls thoughts on the Hill Power replacement panel filter (with/without the silicone hose)?

[Edited by cupid on 18 May 2004 at 5:06pm]

Hello all.

Im quite confused on whos work and what work your all talking about.

Mike, rockport and matt......????

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 18 May 2004

is that price for the manifold include discount and fitting mate?
the price is around £180 fitted. got the pricelist at home i will have a look.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

sorry off topic,seen your house the other day cuppy. in top pilsley as your heading out towards the main road.

Quote: Originally posted by cupid on 18 May 2004

Inlent Manifold upgrade is £199.75 and I was informed it gives approx 8bhp
I had this done to my mk1 172 and had it RRd before and after. It didnt give 8bhp (where did u get 8bhp from?), but it seemed to make the engine more flexible. Whoever owns W46 YLC now has the upgrade fitted free of charge....they just dont know it.

The rolling road tests were inconclusive. The "control" car that we took along that ran the previous time had gained 10bhp on the previous run with no mods, and mine "gained" 10bhp as well. However, if i remember right, the torque curve was better after the inlet manifold, with more torque lower down the rev range. The car was really driveable from just over 1000rpm, whereas before it wasnt that great until 3000rpm. Id personally recommend the modified inlet manifold, but get it done as part of other work. On its own theres no way it made an 8bhp increase.

if its not going to make that much diff on its own, what should be done at the same time?

Also what about the panel filter with/without silicone hose? Sorry to keep harping on about it, Id just like some opinions before getting it or not.

Decat, induction kit took my mk1 172 from about 15.2 1/4 mile to 14.6 1/4 mile. It felt quicker still and definitely better to drive after the inlet manifold. If i were you Id go for decat for sure, best mod for the money, plus a panel filter, full exhaust system and if you have £200 left, the inlet manifold.

hey up jay..you should have popped in mate for a beer!!! rhys where did you get your decat from bud? im defo gonna get one now ..im looking forward to c how it changes the car for the better hoefully he he he

Got a Devil decat from Prima, but apparently it doesnt fit the Cup. I thought it did, but there you go. Im sure someone will make one up for you for £50/£60.

cheers lads...right then if an exhaust place like powerflow make the decat will it give the same results as one made by janspeed in terms of performance? thanks again