ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hitman - Absolution

M2 Comp
If anyone hasn't got this yet, GAME are selling it at £24.99 delivered. This weekend only I believe.

1eight2
Holding out getting this for a while, seems to be dropping in price all the time. I really wish I could find a copy of blood money!

1.8 Civic EX
^ not sure I'll bother with that. Doesn't seem to add anything to the game really. Just a different outfit and a new gun, which will most likley be exacly the same as the silverballers anyway. Going by the vid it won't add anything to the storyline or extra missions etc, just a couple more Contracts but there are literally 1000's of those already to choose from.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Got this yesterday.

facking awesome game! On the hotel level ATM, not fussed on achievements I'd rather follow the story line :)

Golf R/Leon FR
Achievements make it more of a challenge IMO. I haven't played on this for a week or so due to moving house. Hoping to get on it tonight.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I got all the way to the next Chinatown mission today. I'm affraid it may become a bit repetitive now though. I'm happy enough going through it doing the story. I've never been one for extras. Maybe when I go back to play it.

1.8 Civic EX
Its the challenges that make the game imo. Inspires a bit of creativity rather than just blasting through it like you can on most games these days.

Only need one more for Hunter & Hunted now (moment of bliss), then I'm on to the next level.

I've done about 30 Contracts now too. Some of them are pretty awesome, and some random dude selected one of mine to use in a competition which is pretty cool.

Got the 47 Precisions Headshots with the sniper achievement last night too. Real easy to do:
load up a contract in Chinatown, go up to the where the drud dealer is, kill him then snipe randoms in the crowd from the window. Do this 4/5 times, achievement done :)

Goliath I
Ive started giving up on some levels and just come out all guns blazing. Let's just they'll be mopping up the blood in the courthouse.

Also, for a Hitman he's kind of stupid

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm stuck on the one with the hairdressers :( done the outside, when I get into the courtyard I can get inside buy don't know the best way to kill the lot!?

1.8 Civic EX
First 7 levels now done with all challenges and no googling to find them out. On to the next one.....in some sort of gun shop, could get messy!

1.8 Civic EX
First 7 levels now done with all challenges and no googling to find them out. On to the next one.....in some sort of gun shop, could get messy!

well that was possibly the easiest one yet! all challenges done in just a few quick play throughs.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm stuck on the one with the hairdressers :( done the outside, when I get into the courtyard I can get inside buy don't know the best way to kill the lot!?

I managed to fluke that level. The below is how I managed it without getting spotted, might be worth a try if you're still struggling:

Go stright ahead, and drop off the edge, using the wrench, rig the cable and turn on the electricity. Then climb up the ledges and through the window. (the guy will go take a piss and electricute himself). Once through the window, if you run along the balcony bit that overlooks the main room where they are all watching TV, the guy that comes up to investigate the noise is the other guy you gotta kill. Up he comes, garrote and hide the body. Then run along the same balcony again. This time the guy that comes up to investigate is Lenny. Knock him out, drag him down the stairs and out the door in the barbers. Done.

I'm struggling to get the technique upgrade thats available on the Descent level. I've got all the challenges etc and I've done the whole descent, without getting spotted or killing anyone but the ammount of points gained still isn't enough to unlock the techinque?! annoying! It's a good level though so happy to keep trying :)

Just got this and only played the prologue level, so far it's a great game but you have to be in the right mood to play it imo.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
FYI, this is under £20 in Sainsburys atm. Picked it up, seems brilliant so far, but then again I loved Blood Money.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I'm not sure on it tbh. Not half as fun as blood money was.

Will give it another go tomorrow.

Got this for Xmas. Haven't had the chance to play it a great deal yet, but have enjoyed it so far. Just completed the China Town level.

One thing I have found, is I am.playing on 'Expert', and have found it very easy so far. I am not using all that instinct s**t either, and have found myself waltzing through the levels pretty much unspotted.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Meh, bit disappointed with this. Other than the graphics (which are insanely good), it just feels like I'm playing splinter cell with a bald bloke rather than a Hitman game.

Tried this the other day, didn't enjoy it that much tbh. Only did the first 3 levels but can't see me buying this any time soon.

DCi
I've found it pretty easy so far. I've only shot someone when it made me in the prologue otherwise I've used the piano wire or snuck past undetected.

I've just got to the strip club.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I havent looked into the game that much but the impression im getting is not to shoot people and just sneak around?

Goliath I
It starts like that and it's really the way your supposed to do it. But I started getting facked off and went out all guns blazing, dropping every mofo!

It did annoy me that you get penalised points wide for killing people who are looking for and trying to kill you. I thought he was a HITMAN ffs

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I played Blood Money last night for the first time in years.

10x better than Absolution IMO. All Hitman should be is large, open levels with a target(s) and a million and one different ways to kill them. Just do this with prettier visuals and it would be AMAZING.

The problem with Absolution is that the devs tried to give it a story (an area in the past that Hitman has struggled). They gave the main character a conscience, it just feels wrong. If I want to sneek about past guards I'll play Splinter Cell.

Not impressed. One bit.

The more I play it the more I agree Luke. I reeeeally wanted to like it as much as previous games but haven't 'clicked' with it at all.

Where are the levels like the opera house, and the mountaintop ski resort? (two of my favourites from the last game).

It feels very much like you have to follow one set route that the devs want you to take.

Still, a fun game, just not a Hitman game.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Did the Opera House one last night mate - fuckin' A. Changing a prop gun to the real thing for an assasination is genius.

Yep, this one is far too Linear. I don't like the whole 'instinct' thing either. Fair enough, changing costumes shouldn't be as easy as it was in Blood Money, but without instinct in Absolution, it's pointless.

Btw, I was enjoying it up until just after Terminus, you'll see what I mean about it being Splinter Cell with a bald bloke soon.

Superb mate! Such a simple yet brilliantly thought out way of assassinating someone. Haven't seen anything remotely as good as that in this one yet.

Instinct is b****cks. Utter tripe. I play on expert just so all of that is turned off. Played the level after Terminus where you are on the run from the Police, and you can use Instincf to see through smoke ffs! f**k off!

Will see how I get on with the other levels. Read a review which said the Chinatown level is the highlight of the game, and that it's all downhill from there. :(