ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hmmmm choices

FOR SALE!!!
right i am 18 just had my got 6 points for speeding oops i no but you no what ya like after you passed ya test any way in jan i been driving over a yr sadly wont get a years no claims as been on step dads insurance i have a 1.2 clio mk2 ph 1 in red grande model im in to minds i can get this turbos with all the right parts for 800 (new turbo manifold,new inlet ,intercooler etc) our thinking mayb sell and get a valver our somthink with bit more poke choices choices i want somethink what is quick and have read good things bout valvers how much insurance would be tlaking at 18 with 6 points? also how much for a good conditon valver as would get bout 2000,2200 for my clio

ZT 1.8T
mate i wouldnt bother, anything with more power WILL lose u ur licence. Look at ur record with a 1.2 any more points and ya fucked.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
learn from your mistakes pal. Your 18 and obviously drive like a dick (i did when i was 18) and to buy something more powerful is just rediculous.

sorry. just being honest.

FOR SALE!!!
lol thanks ya i no my driving is mad but since this i have had 2 mates kileld in car crashs etc so my driving has calmied down a lot and in the 1.2 i rag it around bec only real way get it do anythink so why im looking at somethink with a bit more poke so i no the power is there if needed eg overtake etc and yes you can only get 6 points within to years but my case went to court and they have sent it me back in that post with the 6 points on and give me a fine and int said anythink bout revoking it i have done a quote on a valver and can get it for 1,800 on my own policy with my points on as well is this a good price for some one my age with points and my jusy had a nuf with my clio lol

ps sorry for spelling im dislixc have been from since when i was yonger o well

Sometimes rarely your allowed to sit on 12 points but if you have six points you will probobly soon hear about your licence being revoked.
Insure is going to be high on any car for you at the moment i'd stick with the 1.2 the excitement of having more power under your foot will just end up in tears

i don't get how people get these qoutes. how can you get a qoute for a valver with 6 points for 1800 when my 1.2 costs that and i have no points.

as far as i know, 6 points within two years of passing your test and you've lost your license.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
it depends my cousin hasnt even got his licence yet and he went to court and got 6 points:S

FOR SALE!!!
you dont get banned for having 6 points you jsut get it revoked and in the case of craig as his cousin has not yet passed his test it jsut meens when he does he will have 6 points on it i was thingy it would be revoked but as its been to swansee to get the points on it if they were going to revoke it then would not of sent it back as that what my mate did and it has gone to court and the choice is down to them they can still give it you back with 6 points on it when you get ya 6 points then it is up to the police if tehy feel you sorry our need it for work can let you keep it they can make you go on a driving test coruse so you have to resit ya test and if you fail they will take it off you our can jsut revoke it and make you re-earn it and 1800 is thirt party fire and theft on my own polciy with step dad as named driver on my 1.2 with 6 points it a 1000

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
you dont get banned for having 6 points you jsut get it revoked and in the case of craig as his cousin has not yet passed his test it jsut meens when he does he will have 6 points on it i was thingy it would be revoked but as its been to swansee to get the points on it if they were going to revoke it then would not of sent it back as that what my mate did and it has gone to court and the choice is down to them they can still give it you back with 6 points on it when you get ya 6 points then it is up to the police if tehy feel you sorry our need it for work can let you keep it they can make you go on a driving test coruse so you have to resit ya test and if you fail they will take it off you our can jsut revoke it and make you re-earn it and 1800 is thirt party fire and theft on my own polciy with step dad as named driver on my 1.2 with 6 points it a 1000

You have to retake BOTH parts of the test.

FOR SALE!!!

You have to retake BOTH parts of the test.

they have sent my it me all back with points on and then had a letter thought how to pay my fine aint said nuthinkb out having it revoked

FOR SALE!!!
its ok lol i get it a lot i dont even no were put full stops i feel dumb :(

Sorry mate feeling a bit bad now (should read before i open my mouth)

Not your fault kidda so head up!!

Not sure on the points situation but i honestly wouldnt turbo a 1.2!!

ya dont think going to serious bout getting a valver tho only thing putting me off as they old with high milage mite breck down on me etc

1.6 focus zetec....
I think the valver option is a good idea aslong as you aint going to have any smashes 'cos thf&p wont cover it!!

High milage isnt a big thing anymore...theres mk2 ph2 clios on here with over 100k on the clock and they're proud of it lol!! As for old....look out for the usual signs of rust, servicing etc!!

Kiza

FOR SALE!!!
I think the valver option is a good idea aslong as you aint going to have any smashes 'cos thf&p wont cover it!!

High milage isnt a big thing anymore...theres mk2 ph2 clios on here with over 100k on the clock and they're proud of it lol!! As for old....look out for the usual signs of rust, servicing etc!!

Kiza

ya it is a better chocie and no thf&p wont cover its 1,800 insurance so if i went fully comp tlaking bout 2,500 -3000 and would never pay that 1,800 could live with 150 a monuth aint bad for the car id get and gd power as well

1.6 focus zetec....
Aslong as you calm down and take it easy i cant see the problem as long as your not banend as i dont know the score with that stuff!!

Kiza

FOR SALE!!!
Aslong as you calm down and take it easy i cant see the problem as long as your not banend as i dont know the score with that stuff!!

Kiza

yup dont think i am banned as i said aint had anythink saying i am and they sent me liecnec bk when my mate got his revoked he sent it off and they jsut did not send it back sent him letter saying he got to re-apply and re do test and theroy

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Just get a valver, and if you can afford to run it then keep it :D
But im warning you now its not just insurance you will have to fork out, valvers drink oil, petrol and syphon money from you bank while you are not looking ! esp at mot time.

And if you rag it about your looking at clutch and gear box ect