ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hole in footwell......

Corsa
Hi, i just noticed that theres a hole in the drivers footwell where the steering rack goes through. I didnt notice this when i picked the car up last week. What is ment to go there and where can i get it from?

Cheers Rob

17112007067.gif

17112007066.gif

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
you will either have to remove the linkage to fit it or split the gator and re-seel with some duck tape or the likes as there all one piece

I'd remove steering column to put it in, there are two, one that goes inside and one outside, i've only got the external one on mine, didn't have any but i found when you go through puddles you get an inch of water sloshing around in the footwell if you dont' ahve the rubber there

Where did you pick up car from ?

Has your steering rack or steering column been removed at any point ?

As people have said there should be a rubber gaiter there to stop crap coming in :(

Chances are it will ahve been removed due to the usual play in it, its an absoloute c**t to get to the bolts witht eh boot in, so thats probabily the reason for it being removed, thats why i removed mine, then reaslised it kept the water out

Corsa
I picked the car up from peterborough on tuesday. is there a short term solution till i get one ov these plugs?

A new steering rack had been replaced before i brought the car.