ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holiday photo help

"Navy" N17 TWO
Going on holidays next month and I'm looking up some tips/tricks/hints on getting better photo's

Since I'm going to be around water a lot, and hopefuly it will be sunny :cool:

1. How do you reduce reflections in the water, is it the CPL filter?
Any particular settings I need to use/avoid?

2. Taking sunset/sunrise shots -
What filters & lens setup is best?

I want to be able to take those snaps where you are facing the sun, and catch the sun's rays etc
All I've got so far is a huge white blurr :(

I'm using a Nikon D40 with Tamron 18-250 lens & Sigma 10-20mm lens and UV/skylight filters for each

3. Shooting through glass without a flash (like in some museums etc)
How on earth do you take a photo of something behind glass without having the reflection of you & the camera? :)

Cheers
Trev

LY 182 FF CUPPED
*Polariser for elimination of specular reflections i.e water.

*For sunset images, try spot metering to the side of the sun as it sets.

*Shootong into the sun you need to under expose by several stops, if you still require foreground detail close up then you will need to fill in with flash.

*Shooting through glass, wide aperture as possible, camera as close to glass as possible and try and eliminate any background light which might reflect, could use a hood over the enof the lens ( often black cloth can help) but this might get you stopped and questioned in a museum.