ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hologram Grey Non Sport.

Titanium 182
Went out for a drive with my mate a while ago and got some photos, after seeing a rolling shot I was upset with how the rear sat, so high 😧

1227D77D-150E-4C66-A259-C633250ACAF1_zpse5quvi36.jpg

6F13BF55-E874-444B-AABE-55F942228740_zpszjdlcxqt.jpg

95FB9A52-7C76-4D33-A103-E0C42E832DE0_zpsp6pj6qkg.jpg

I sourced out some springs that would hopefully get the rear to sit low, and it worked, but I had to take the helpers out the front of the coils which made the ride, uncomfortable to say that least. Coilovers fapping everywhere. Although I loved how it sat.

78FFE849-3531-4E1C-84DD-4BD93EE85486_zpsuksvsnqg.jpg

79FDC553-3F56-43F3-9B8D-7A25D65BDA87_zpsr3vuwn4o.jpg

C62CB33E-1ACA-40B0-9CEF-8FA0D3A52D13_zpsqcw5v6kt.jpg

And then I had to take it back up a bit for my MOT which it failed, getting the problems sorted today and tomorrow and then back for the retest. And then back on its arse it's going.

41740D4C-4AA5-4D6F-8B94-C2AE548BCA51_zpswgrgdvsx.jpg

Titanium 182
Looking good! Loving how the rear sits now. Looks spot on.

Shame about m.o.t though.had the same problem my self in January, failed in ball joints.

Cheers mate, passed my MOT today, managed to get it in before they shut, going back on its arse tomorrow hopefully.

2003 Clio 1.2
Great write up can I say first off! And secondly would you ever consider selling anything on the car? I have a hologram grey clio too haha :)

Titanium 182
Great write up can I say first off! And secondly would you ever consider selling anything on the car? I have a hologram grey clio too haha :smile:
Sorry bud I've only kust seen this, not on here much, I don't know yet bud, I'm going to be selling the car as a whole, if I can't manage to do that it will be sold for bits. I've seen your write up then, looks great so far bud

Titanium 182
Don't come on here much as I should do, just adding an update to my thread, I've given up with it now, I'm just running it until it comes to the end of my policy this year and I can get a new car, I've just been taking photos of it here and there.

First of all though the car failed it's mot. I got refused one at first as it was 'too low' and the mot centre wouldn't mot it. I agreed I would go home, raise the coilovers and bring it back which then came to problem number 2, they had become seized, I managed to source out another garage that would mot my car how it sat and when I thought it was going terrible it was going well until 'sorry mate it's failed' steering gaitor and track rod ball joint, spent the next day getting the seized track rods off and then fitted a new gaitor and got it mot'd the next day and it passed, on the terms off I buy and fit a wheel bearing soon as the guy forgot to put that on my sheet.

Two photos from Lake District.
CC4A540A-9805-43B7-AC75-6DFF96D9BC58_zpshgbfj8ne.jpg

06FC40CC-4A03-44E1-A35E-0237A260ADA1_zpsu56stmcd.jpg

The height at the back was really doing my head in so I put the Corsa springs back in and got it sitting right, also managed to unseize my coilovers and was able to bring the front down aswell

30A3C732-EA6B-4DAB-A10D-3167B7BC165B_zpsn3bomzey.jpg

And then my birthday came around and I got myself a nice private plate, makes the car look so much better

DC9F92A9-0B4D-4CF1-AFB9-6E6D2A5CA00B_zpsfrrnha8f.jpg

C14296CF-081C-446C-87B6-22AF91A3782D_zps9kueng5e.jpg

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
Looks good mate, thought about colour coding the front inserts?

I did try a while ago and it went horribly wrong and needed to buy need inserts, I would give it another go, but not throwing more money into it, I think that's what is letting the front of it down other than a sport kit

e92 330i
Yeah when I did mine I had to sand the texture down with a sheet sander for ages, turned out pretty good then!

Titanium 182
Yeah when I did mine I had to sand the texture down with a sheet sander for ages, turned out pretty good then!

Yah I think that's what went wrong, I rushed it and it came out s**t, rushed my side strips aswell but they didn't come out too bad when I did them

Titanium 182
Reminds me of my 1st Clio!

What was yours? Wasn't the one on fk's and turbines was it?

You really have got this car looking great!

Love the stance and rear ride height! Want mine at that height so badly.

Haha I'm sick of it now, it looks good but handles like a bag of s**t and everything rattles, I do love the rear now though, sits so much better

Ach i have managed to fix a good few rattles on mine like, so its fairly quiet inside (bar the wheel bearings that are out) handling ways i know the feeling if its anything like mine it likes to bounce all over the place and likes to go through ball joints and wheel bearings like water. Yeah when the ta technix were first fitted it handled mint! But now i wish i spent more and got better coilies.

but honestly the rear sits mint, you'll need to share your secret of how its done lol

Titanium 182
Ach i have managed to fix a good few rattles on mine like, so its fairly quiet inside (bar the wheel bearings that are out) handling ways i know the feeling if its anything like mine it likes to bounce all over the place and likes to go through ball joints and wheel bearings like water. Yeah when the ta technix were first fitted it handled mint! But now i wish i spent more and got better coilies.

but honestly the rear sits mint, you'll need to share your secret of how its done lol

Yeah I bought mine second hand, they've seen better days now, I should have gotten some Fk's and I cut the rear spring bud, just a bit of the top pigtail off, sits like a dream, just happy it doesn't rub

I put a new wheel bearing in the other week and it's gone again, think I have hub problems.

Yeah I bought mine second hand, they've seen better days now, I should have gotten some Fk's and I cut the rear spring bud, just a bit of the top pigtail off, sits like a dream, just happy it doesn't rub

I put a new wheel bearing in the other week and it's gone again, think I have hub problems.

Yeah i have been thinking the same thing. They cost a bit more than the ta's but i bet it would have been worth it in the long run.

Think i might copy that tbh have a set of my old lowering springs lying around also have my original springs but don't know what would be better to use.

Iv just had my ball joints replaced and theirs loads of noise from them again already and i know bearings are an absolute pain!! Just have to put it to #becauseloweredcarproblems llf

Titanium 182
Yeah i have been thinking the same thing. They cost a bit more than the ta's but i bet it would have been worth it in the long run.

Think i might copy that tbh have a set of my old lowering springs lying around also have my original springs but don't know what would be better to use.

Iv just had my ball joints replaced and theirs loads of noise from them again already and i know bearings are an absolute pain!! Just have to put it to #becauseloweredcarproblems llf

I just used the coilover one, only springs I have for it and put the cup in the bottom without the adjuster part to keep it around the bumpstops thing, and yeah, luckily I have access to a press at my girlfriends dads workshop ;) but I'll just put up with the noise, only hear it every so often