ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home audio help please?

Chav Rocket
For some people Warrenty on a £300 amp isnt worth it. If im not mistaken RS will warranty you for a year but CA have a 3 year manufacturers guarantee.

The setup isnt perfect but its not the disaster some people are saying it is. The only disadvantage is that the sub volume does not follow the amps volume. This is mitigated by controlling the volume from the TV. Listening to a CD it could be a bit annoying but it seems like daniel turns it off for CD's anyway. And in anycase a cds dynamic range is normally smaller than a movie tracks.
At the end of the day the amp does not produce sub bass(lol). The dalis do not produce sub bass.
The sub bass has a line level pre out and has a internal crossover. The sub will compliment the sound not destroy it. In anycase who cares. If dans ears are happy thats all that matters.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Exactly, if Daniel is happy and enjoys what he's bought for what he's paid then that's all that really matters. And how good it sounds depends on people's taste.

Re. I thought the warranty, 10% item price for 5 year cover and refundable, was a bit of a no brainer really. I found out my amp can't be repaired so they're going to call me back with replacements they offer but I'm going to try and use this time to upgrade now for a couple hundred rather than spend £4-500 in a few years.

Ibiza SC
If you want bookshelf speakers, those dali ones I've got are obscene for how small they are!

Dali Zensor 1? I've seen those, watched a few reviews too. Not sure though, been looking at some KEF's and also some Mordaunt Short Mezzo's. My current speakers were around £100 but this time my budget will be anywhere up to £250.

Will probably end up buying some for myself for Christmas as funds are tied up elsewhere next month.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
For some people Warrenty on a £300 amp isnt worth it. If im not mistaken RS will warranty you for a year but CA have a 3 year manufacturers guarantee.

The setup isnt perfect but its not the disaster some people are saying it is. The only disadvantage is that the sub volume does not follow the amps volume. This is mitigated by controlling the volume from the TV. Listening to a CD it could be a bit annoying but it seems like daniel turns it off for CD's anyway. And in anycase a cds dynamic range is normally smaller than a movie tracks.
At the end of the day the amp does not produce sub bass(lol). The dalis do not produce sub bass.
The sub bass has a line level pre out and has a internal crossover. The sub will compliment the sound not destroy it. In anycase who cares. If dans ears are happy thats all that matters.

and what would make you think that? The amp is more than capable of re-producing frequencies as low as 5Hz, you just need the right speakers to make use of it. Do you think bass didnt exist before active subs?!

Chav Rocket
You are making out previously like the amp will give any speaker driver the ability to output sub bass.

You need a subwoofer driver to produce sub bass frequencies. If daniel did not get the subbass speaker there would be no subbass produced regardless if it were active or passive, Simple.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Read my posts again (all of them) and you will see that I have said with correct/matched speakers. I have not once said it will produce bass from his current speakers.