ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home brew almost sheep boost bus build ect

img_6563.jpg

rotrextypec.jpg

supertech-valves.jpg

parts are ordered, so now its a waiting game 2- 3 weeks lead time

off on honey moon so will all be here when i get back

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great read. And what a machine it will be! Will be subscribing now. ;)

Small update

due to my rubbish rain cover scratching and scoring the paint :mad:

new one from halfords was fitted for me ( on honeymoon )

20120602_132717.gif

pistons are not in stock in 83mm so need to wait until 17th at earliest now

things are taking forever atm

Megane r26
Looks good man, just read the while thread. Certainly have me inspiration. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this. Keep it up.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Are you going for the k-tec supercharger kit? I really want this, torn between that or the low pressure turbo. Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Clio 182
so whilst waiting i started on boring out and matching my inlets and plasticoating my wheels

PICT0668.jpg

l

Any before and after pics of the inlets? want a go at doing this myself as i don't fancy ktecs prices. What exactly is the procedure?

Btw awesome build so far, i started a 106 gti turbo build but sold up due to other commitments. What a mistake!

thanks

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Build is coming along nicely.

Met your brother Andy the other day, didn't realise it was until he mentioned the car you'd won, then the blue wheels. Then I clocked on.

Small world.

Ref the inlets its far easier to let a pro do them tbh

i made loads of measurements / drawings ect and tbh im totaly stabbing in the dark

All i done was measured the shape / size of ports on the head, then replicated it on to inlets through out the whole inlet tract
only comparison pic is the one posted in your reply

its very easy to make it worse though, but as im doing forced induction it should not matter too much

mondonkey tdci,
it should be rhys, when i get chancve to finish it *bieber flick*

bit of patience chris, you've got all the cash monies now, parts are on their way, and it'll be worth the wait!

so todays work was to strip the valves out and have a look

DSCF0022.gif

DSCF0018.gif

few slightly bent ones, faitly hard to see tbh

looks like the head has had a little bit of work too

DSCF0016.gif

3 angle valve seats

DSCF0003.gif

DSCF0010.gif

and a bit of port work

DSCF0024.gif

at least the uprated springs look ok to re use

however after phoning sean at k -tec, with regards to the head work ect
he mentioned that they skimmed a fair bit when they put it together and for what i was doing with it, im probably better starting a fresh with my spare ph 1 head

if its any use to someone pm me

now just to wait for the pistons, should be here around the 17th of this month

no real progress as cant do much till pistons turn up

ordered them on 30th may, was told no stock until 17th July

thought fair enough at least i can get the wedding and honeymoon in whilst i wait ect

Phoned K-tec today and STILL no news

a little bit pissed off now tbh, may just wrap on cosworth and phone rs tuning and order some of there custom CP pistons

seriously how hard can it be for a massive company like cosworth to make a set of pistons to order

rant over

Yeah Danny i won it, it was originally the K-tec Built project car for Performance French Car Magazine

Sent 5 text messages in to the competition they ran to win it = £ 5 = clio 172

PICT0344.jpg

yeah now in the process of fully forging, supercharging with a set of cams in there too for good measure