ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cctv and phone apps? recommendations please!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Colourvu doesnt like the led street light outside my house

wFnEPx.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
It's got so well...

I noticed this morning I couldn't view colourvu on the app, so went to check the nvr and it's there. Double clicked for full screen and just a black screen 🤦

Is the camera to new for my nvr, does it need an update? Not that I know how to do that.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's got so well...

I noticed this morning I couldn't view colourvu on the app, so went to check the nvr and it's there. Double clicked for full screen and just a black screen 🤦

Is the camera to new for my nvr, does it need an update? Not that I know how to do that.
What nvr do you have? You maybe be at the bandwidth threshold of streaming with the colourvu. That's one of the reasons I went for a 16 channel nvr it has higher bandwidth (double what the 4 and maybe 8 channels one have)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ffs... More money.

If I unplug the colourvu, the dark fighter works on the app.

So what do I need to buy then 🤦
What about the other way around? If you unplug the dark fighters does the colourvu work on the app?

I went for this one

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
What about the other way around? If you unplug the dark fighters does the colourvu work on the app?

I went for this one
16 channels seems a bit extreme for just 4 cameras, could I not get away with 8 channels?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
16 channels seems a bit extreme for just 4 cameras, could I not get away with 8 channels?
I've just checked and the 8 channel version does have half the bandwidth

You may be able to get away with the one you have now just reduce the streaming quality a bit, it's an option but to me it negates the point of having a decent camera.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I've just checked and the 8 channel version does have half the bandwidth

You may be able to get away with the one you have now just reduce the streaming quality a bit, it's an option but to me it negates the point of having a decent camera.
half the bandwidth compared to what?

i dont want to reduce quality, as i might as well have got cheaper cameras :(

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so here is the spec of mine, its 40mbps bandwidth

this newer one is 128mbps bandwidth and is cheaper than the 16 channel NVR

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
so here is the spec of mine, its 40mbps bandwidth

this newer one is 128mbps bandwidth and is cheaper than the 16 channel NVR

The one I have is 256mbps but that because I have 4 of those cameras.

Just depends if you think you'll be upgrading the rest in the future I suppose.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The one I have is 256mbps but that because I have 4 of those cameras.

Just depends if you think you'll be upgrading the rest in the future I suppose.
True, am just out. I'll have to check when I get home what the cameras kick out data wise to see how much band width 4 would use

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so the 8mp colourvu cameras use around 25mbps of band width when at full quality, so 4 cameras will use around 100mbps.

so really nothing below 150mbps incoming band width i recon

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Can you lay out the schematic for me?

What are cameras plugged into?
What is the NVR plugged into.
Just unplugged my old hikvision nvr and plugged a brand new one in.

Got Internet connection and the app working.

Cameras are plugged straight into the nvr.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Just unplugged my old hikvision nvr and plugged a brand new one in.

Got Internet connection and the app working.

Cameras are plugged straight into the nvr.
Should work then.
You gone into settings and scanned for the cameras? Did you have passwords set up on them?
Need to scan for them and then if needed log into them.
Presume they are getting power via nvr and cameras are active?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Should work then.
You gone into settings and scanned for the cameras? Did you have passwords set up on them?
Need to scan for them and then if needed log into them.
Presume they are getting power via nvr and cameras are active?
Getting power fine they are showing on poe page.

Think it's some kind of password issue.
I didn't have one set previously 😔

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Getting power fine they are showing on poe page.

Think it's some kind of password issue.
I didn't have one set previously 😔
admin, 12345.

If not, use SADP
Do you have a POE switch? as will make this much easier otherwise youll need to get to every camera and reset it inside the dome/unit.

Video:

password reset:
Dont worry about sending passwords to people. You can force resets via hard buttons if needed. SADP just helps get into it.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
I think I need some cameras around the house and have been recommended Eufy set up.

Any pros/ cons, or anything better? They look half decent - was thinking of doing the doorbell camera package like this one, plus 2 extra cameras?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I think I need some cameras around the house and have been recommended Eufy set up.

Any pros/ cons, or anything better? They look half decent - was thinking of doing the doorbell camera package like this one, plus 2 extra cameras?

Lots of security issues on the web, they claim encrypted not so.

Hikvision here from the start of this thread & still faultless,

35D24653-F375-481F-A018-8B50BE085A3F.png

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
But there is a huge cost different between a hikvision setup and eufy

Probably but I live by buy cheap pay twice ;)

My system was fitted couple of years ago & just does what it says on the tin.

Factor in your time f@@king about fixing problems not so cheap & still working to get it fully functional.

It’s already helped a neighbour when their car was damaged as I supplied high res photos for them.

Oh military grade encryption they boast about is BS

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree. When you compare the quality of some of the other branded cameras it begs the question if it's even worth it in the first place. I'd say it's more of a deterrent than anything

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Probably but I live by buy cheap pay twice ;)

My system was fitted couple of years ago & just does what it says on the tin.

Factor in your time f@@king about fixing problems not so cheap & still working to get it fully functional.

It’s already helped a neighbour when their car was damaged as I supplied high res photos for them.

Oh military grade encryption they boast about is BS
Hey your talking to the converted, I have a full hikvision system, but I get not everyone can afford it or doesn't want to spend that sort of money.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ive got to the point where I might just send my colourvu camera back, I'm having nothing but problems with it. My dark fighter works perfect, no issues at all.

The colourvu takes ages to load then all I get is this. It's the same when I try to review a triggered event

eEUrT6.jpg