ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cinema/Apple advice

Z4
I've been looking into streaming music around the house and I've only just realised how complicated it can be lol.

What I want is to have all my media stored on the Mac mini, the content to be accessed via the Tv or iPad and then to be able to stream the music to different rooms, being able to individually change the volume etc in each room.

What's the best way of doing it? I hear apple tv can stream music and work as a server?

Any help appreciated :)

330ci sport
I've heard great things about the sonos equipment but it seems they don't offer much more than apple variants (and Ive got lots of apple shiit!)

Airplay may be the most straightforward option for you. I'm quite the opposite in that I have no Apple stuff!

I may be wrong, but I don't think AP currently supports different music being played simultaneously in different rooms, only streaming of the same track to multiple rooms.

Z4
Airplay may be the most straightforward option for you. I'm quite the opposite in that I have no Apple stuff!

I may be wrong, but I don't think AP currently supports different music being played simultaneously in different rooms, only streaming of the same track to multiple rooms.

Hmm yeah I think you might be right.

Does anyone on here have a similar setup? Would be interested to see how they get on with it!

The only annoying thing is I'd need special 'apple approved' speakers to do it

Megane 225 F1
Sonos Play 3. Just got one. Amazing piece of kit.

Easy to use and the sound is incredible.

Z4
Sonos Play 3. Just got one. Amazing piece of kit.

Easy to use and the sound is incredible.

This won't really do what I'm after!

I have been looking at the Sonos options and they do seem to be the best...

I was thinking of this http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-systems/sonos/zp90-br100/sono-zp90-br100 (zp90 + br100) plugged into my home cinema amp, then fire it around the house with some other brand wireless speakers (I assume that's how it works and you don't need to but the sonus speakers?)

Clio 182, BMW 645

I was thinking of this http://www.richersounds.com/product/multi-room-systems/sonos/zp90-br100/sono-zp90-br100 (zp90 + br100) plugged into my home cinema amp, then fire it around the house with some other brand wireless speakers (I assume that's how it works and you don't need to but the sonus speakers?)

I think you would need other Zone Players if you wanted different music in different rooms (zones).

Is you home cinema amp networked and dlna certified?

Given your using Apple your limited I think.

330ci sport

I don't think this is possible. The ZP90 is what you would plug into your home cinema amp, you would then need further zone players in each room you want music. There is the ZP120 (a ZP90 with amp) to attach to existing speakers, or the Play 3 & 5 which are one stop shop amplified speaker units.

The setup for the Sonos stuff is silly easy, it all just works perfectly. I read something yesterday about Sonos stuff being compatible with Airplay as well, not seen this in practice though. https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1241