ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home phone/Broadband....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
BT The best?? canny be arsed with unreliable service, and i don't want any spurious companies.
The BT home hub etc? With Wireless...Any good?

Wannado/Orange are a defo NO NO!

Whats up with Orange? Got their free 2mb BB at home, get near as damn 2mb all the time, never had any down time, been with them for 6 months, no problems

M140i/Orange 182
iam on bt Broadband 8mb,unlimited downloads. Currently we are getting 6.5mb speed. which i think is not bad at all.

never had any problems with the homehub router either, has been quite reliable so far...

using newsgroups i see a steady 750-770kbs download speeds, all though a wireless connection.

Can't complain about the Home Hub. Has been good service and BT support desk has been most helpful when setting up my son's lap top. Worth the extra for the piece of mind and reliability.

tiTTy & SV650
lol Ali you're asking all the same things I'm looking up at the moment.

If you have an 02 mobile phone they do a very good broadband deal for £7.50 a month

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
Pipex was always good to me, but moved and not in the area now.
Virgin Media is pretty reasonable.

Wouldn't go back with BT, costly and nazi's when something goes wrong / want to cancel

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Whats up with Orange? Got their free 2mb BB at home, get near as damn 2mb all the time, never had any down time, been with them for 6 months, no problems

give it time. then when you do have a problem, they will do line test after line test until you lose your rag with them :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

give it time. then when you do have a problem, they will do line test after line test until you lose your rag with them :)

Agree'd! The ammount of time and money i wasted on those non english spkin toss bags is ridiulous! (Thats not a racist comment, i just hate them!)

Even if your polite to them, they are total c***s, they never do anything thats asked of them and they ended up costing me over 50£, coz the idiot failed to write something down and then cancel my contract!

Makes my blood boil!

Revels Mum & Sister
You do realise BT use call centres and also ALL Broadband connections unless its LLU are terminated and essentially controlled through BT?

tiTTy & SV650
o2 have uk call centres too and all reviews I've seen have been positive, I plan on using them when I get my flat.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Sky seems to be trouble free.
My talktalk line has also been trouble free, but then i set it up myself.

VirginMedia cable also good, if expensive.

I can only comment on services ive used/had to give a fair review.

Last edited:
  Octavia VRS
you pay more for BT but it is a reliable service supposedly. I have my phone and broadband with Tiscali and had no problems in 2 years but I know some people have

Focus ST-2
Plusnet have been always been good for me, plus you can get yer line rental through them as well, or if your getting sky you might be able to get there 3 package.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm with Plusnet and has always been reliable and quick response to any queries I've had.

My parents have always been with Eclipse and they swear by them - they used to be considered the most reliable ISP, not sure if they are anymore though.