ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic fn2 protection detail

Clio
So the with the weather being so nice today I thought it would give me chance to give my dad's car a quick going over. The car had not even been washed since about October and has no protection what so ever, and was looking very sorry for itself. So, the aim of today was just to get it clean and get some protection on there as time was not on my side. At some point in the near future the paintwork will need addressing properly as it is very heavily swirled and it also has a few stone chips on the front end which need to be seen to.
unfortunately I only have finished pics, and even these are very poor iphone pics.

so anyway onto the detail,
I started by giving the car a rinse over with the pressure washer just to remove any loose dirt then gave it a very generous spray over with citrus power ( I used way more than usual, but it needed it!) I left this to dwell for a little while, while I addressed the wheels, these where cleaned with WWHW and a wheels brush. I then gave the whole car a thorough rinse and went on to the Devon stage using ironX and tardis, due to time restraints claying was missed out today.
once the car was dried, I polished with AF tripple, I absolutely live this product, it filled some of the minor swirling and left a great finish considering the condition of the paintwork.
i had a sample of AF spirit lying around that I hadn't tried so thought I'd give it a layer of this, I must say it was a very nice wax to apply, quite oily and spread very far, it also smelled very nice, which is always a bonus IMO! My only criticism is that it seemed quite grabby when buffing off, but I may well have been applying a bit too thick, overall it left a great finish and is definitely a wax I'll be investing in!
the wheels and arches were then sealed with C2V3, trim and grills with AF revive, tyres with AF satin and windows given a clean with AF crystal. And that was it for today, as I said the paintwork will receive some real attention in the near future but this should get it through the next few weeks,
thanks for reading, I hope I didn't bore you too much!
29mal39.jpg2lshedh.jpga0cvw9.jpg

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Car is looking lovely :)

Shame about lack of photos but still looks like you did a great job.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The grabby feel when buffing off the wax is likely to be due to it needing a proper decon and clay. The rough surface is then picked up with the MF.

I've been using tripple and spirit quite a bit recently and it's a lovely combo. Anything that works with tripple is a winning combo in my eyes