ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic type r

clio 172 phase 2
Fitted my hydro sheild this afternoon
qybese4y.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Spoon n1 is overated imo , although the rep version is a good compromise with regards to cost .... Mate has one with no silencers i dont know how he does it

clio 172 phase 2
Haha really ? I was init for like 40 mins top i wanted to cry :/ sounds awesome outside though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've had an unsilenced n1 rep for 1 day. If you stood behind the car on idle it felt like the world was shaking. And the noise inside, for the love of god no.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Haha really ? I was init for like 40 mins top i wanted to cry :/ sounds awesome outside though

Sometimes (mainly on the motorway) it's a nightmare, but it's certainly worth it when you put your foot to the floor down the lanes ;)

clio 172 phase 2
I've had an unsilenced n1 rep for 1 day. If you stood behind the car on idle it felt like the world was shaking. And the noise inside, for the love of god no.

Haha i know what you mean dude , its louder than my olds mans blob eye sti with a turbo back afterburner system!

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Spoon N1s are for puffs.

Get a BuddyClub Spec 2 if you want a MAN exhaust.

(notsrs)

(semisrs)

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Spoon N1s are for puffs.

Get a BuddyClub Spec 2 if you want a MAN exhaust.

(notsrs)

(semisrs)

Thats rediculous! I may sound old but why would you want a car that loud?

A mate has a FD2 civic And he's using a Toda which sounds very nice. Under normal driving it sounds quiet and reserved but under full chat it sounds nice without sounding like its fallen off. Toda pipe looks nice too with the angled down slash cut titanium tailpipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Thats rediculous! I may sound old but why would you want a car that loud?

A mate has a FD2 civic And he's using a Toda which sounds very nice. Under normal driving it sounds quiet and reserved but under full chat it sounds nice without sounding like its fallen off. Toda pipe looks nice too with the angled down slash cut titanium tailpipe.

Thats just like my Mugen system is now.

Why would you want something that loud? For a laugh! But the joke got old quite quickly..

172 cup, Impreza P1
Was out with my mate with the FD2 last night and he said he's sold the toda and bought a spoon system. He's fitting them next week. We think he'll regret it big time. He said its 139db which is a joke. With a bung in it, it is 110db. I told him not to ship the toda till he trys the spoon system.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The rubbers okay in them?
Been a few people having to replace the bushes recently.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Update :
The aem v2 has gone il be getting the cai one instead .

Bought myself some rota grids :) they need spraying and some good rubber then lows and camber :)

Here they are
ybu8y7u9.jpg

nyge2y9u.jpg

ju5aba8e.jpg

There 17-8.5 et30 :) bargain too

Bargain for a reason, they don't fit and look pisch!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Good good! I nearly bought some used SPC's but I received a picture and they looked f**king shagged! LOL!

clio 172 phase 2
Same i messaged a guy on the facebook honda parts page , they looked like they been in the bottom of the sea lol and wanted £95 ! Lol

clio 172 phase 2
Small update
Fitted the camber arms in work the other day and re done the geo the handling is spot on now turn in is awesome and
Plenty of grip plus can make the rear play :)

Also bought myself a dc sport exhaust system sounds savage in vtec cant wait to get the manifold on soon .

Next on the list is too address my brakes ! Think the pads are about to give up so thats next :)

Few pics from this evening
a4ady4un.jpg

epudezu9.jpg

zuda6yqe.jpg
ehatusu3.jpg

Loving the car at the moment :) cheers

clio 172 phase 2
Looking good

Mate of mine is thinking about one of these at the moment. Will definitely be having a go in it :)

How does it handle compared to the Clio?

They are fun cars mate gotta grab them by the scruff to drive the properly though . In terms of handling against the clio the clio would probably win hands down its a smaller car and lighter car , but there are highly chassis modded ep3 abouts and they do seem to perform well with decent suspension setups .

I can imagine they need to be driven fairly confidently to get the most from the VTEC. No pulling out of a corner in 4th thinking you're going to take off, more rev it out in 2nd and work the box?

Thought so on the handling, that makes me feel better ;) haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get a shorter ratio box in. I went to oulton a few years back and there was a chap there in a completely standard car except the box. Ran rings round mine

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
They are fun cars mate gotta grab them by the scruff to drive the properly though . In terms of handling against the clio the clio would probably win hands down its a smaller car and lighter car , but there are highly chassis modded ep3 abouts and they do seem to perform well with decent suspension setups .

Obviously I disagree. My CTR with a fast road set up, ARB,Eibachs will handle better than a Clio and be more composed over bumps. Splitting hairs here but the Clio is definitely not a better handler hands down.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously I disagree. My CTR with a fast road set up, ARB,Eibachs will handle better than a Clio and be more composed over bumps. Splitting hairs here but the Clio is definitely not a better handler hands down.

Are you talking about vs a standard Clio or one with the same mods?

clio 172 phase 2
My clio was pretty modified suspension wise handled awesome just felt alot more planted sticky tyres on there too !