ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda civic type r

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Never knew you owned that, James. I really like the idea of one but I's be torn. Facelift one in Cosmic Grey or PFL in NHB and spend the extra monies on a FL front end and lots of performance goodies.

clio 172 phase 2
Few small updates with my ctr :)

Mainly been focusing on the paint work so gone over it a few times now with different products and to be fair its come out very well :)

ygyjygas.jpg

avyvepen.jpg

Also got rid of the aem v2 and got a aem cai long arm now much better than getting heat soak a bit weary of the hydro lock but should be alright . Got some red breather hoses with the kit too .
yny4u5yz.jpg

I was getting fed up with the monster truck arch gap so i bought some abp eibach springs along with eibach camber bolts
a5usurer.jpg

On the look out for some rear camber arms also a jdm arb for the rear .

Also managed to find some evo 8 wheels cheap
ygy9egus.jpg

So there getting refurbed in a bmw sparkling anthracite and a fresh set of rubber .

For xmas im going to purchasing an exhaust system probs going to be the hks hi power system or the dc sports .

Will be replacing all my engine mounts with energy inserts and powerflex gearbox insert to tighten the engine up .

Also gave my gearknob a polish up as it was scratched to bits
ejadazu6.jpg

Overall very happy with the civic but part of me wants an evo so im going to see what happens in the new year .

Heres a few random shots :)
jata6y7y.jpg

jy2umudu.jpg

muza2uza.jpg
vyjy6u5a.jpg

Cheers for looking

clio 172 phase 2
Small update guys.

Im loving the honda at the minute but i keep ending up looking at trophys ;) im so very tempted to sell the type r and buy a trophy i miss the character of the clio , the honda on the whole is awesome the engine is remarkable such a sweet engine to drive . Handling comfort it has it all , but it just does not have that feel like the clio did where you can go into a bend flat and feel it grip like a go kart ! So thing may change by march il have to see !

clio 172 phase 2
Haha dude im honestly considering it , the honda is awesome buy parts are so expensive, the clio is relativley cheap on parts and i got a good
Knowledge of them . Wel see man got a few things for the ep3 see how it feels afterwards

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A bloke at work has a near identical one, brilliant little things.

I never knew how good they were until he took me out in it. More torque than I was expecting below 5.5k and vtec y0! Is so f**king addictive! Enjoy

clio 172 phase 2
Been a while since I've updated this thread so here's what's going on with my ep3 at the minute .

It's been of the road for about 3-4 months now I've basically replaced all the tired bushes ,ball joints and anything else that could do with changing , whilst also adding some mods too , but nothing over the top just to tidy up the car.

First job was to replace the steering rack slider if anyone knows the ep3 this is common problem with the steering rack , the part is made of plastic and as it runs in a channel it's wears down on the sides causing the "vague" steering and lack of feel . Replaced it miles better now greased up the rack too as that was bone dry .
ma3ybede.jpg

Next job was to refurb my tired looking rocker cover once again another common problem the crinkle red paint starts to crumble and makes the bay look tatty so after stripping it down with nitro morse and assorted sanding tools it's was sent of the powdercoaters , got it back and it looks awesome . Well worth the £20 also replace the gasket and the spark plug o ring gaskets .
ybevu3u8.jpg

ety9ane5.jpg

uda8y6u5.jpg

5upy6egy.jpg

Also added a Mugen rep oil cap

Then I replaced my gearbox engine mount for a powerflex item as mine was very worn giving me a sloppy gear change with this now replaced miles better changing gear
ze6egapu.jpg

ra9yjude.jpg

I then bought an exhaust system , I went for a scorpion catback system that came up locally got it for £100 which was a bargain , but wanted somthing with a 2,5 inch bpipe , so sold that on for £200 so made money , an m2 racing backbox came up for sale on ctro very cheap so bought that for now mated to the oem bpipe Intil my area Motorsport silenced bpipe is made ,
Here's a pic of the scorpion system and the m2
hy3ebu7a.jpg

e2yvuser.jpg

2a5aza6u.jpg

Replaced my aux belt also as that was due to be changed, stopped the squeal on start up once cold .
Painted my caliper red and the disc centres black
Under sealed and cleaned all the arches cleaned up brake pipes and greased .
Under sealed all slam panel and cross members
Cleaned the aem cai air filter
Refitted bumper properly and aligned headlights properly
Replaced track rod end ,bottom ball joints , link rods.

Wanted to tighten up the rear end so bought myself a Jdm arb for a steal of £40 these usually god for 60-90 so happy with that much thicker than oem , 18mm oem , 22mm Jdm replaced the drop links for heavy duty Meyle items again a lot more heavy duty with a 4 year guarantee too so good deal for £35 for the four .
zeru9yje.jpg

nevyra2e.jpg

bepeqehu.jpg

Also got myself some hel braided brake lines the ep3 brakes are far from the best and the clio was far superior in terms of braking , so my aim is to get it to perform aswell as them so new lines and fluid just waiting on a set of ferodo ds2500 pads to finish it off already have nearly new brembo hc discs will get a brake stopper from Tegiwa too .

Car should be back on the road Monday hopefully , not a lot has been changed but hoping it will perform a lot better than what it was :) will try update this more regular for those who are interested

4e5u5eja.jpg

ysa2aqy3.jpg

Cheers dan

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looking great!
It's now identical to mine, only difference being the exhaust.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice chap. Really fancied owning one for a decent period of time. Quite a few of them out there abused but they are pretty strong cars so you take your risks I suppose.

clio 172 phase 2
Thanks for the positive comments guys , agree with you gally there are plenty of abused ones out there and maintenance is a must . Parts are pretty expensive compared to the clio though which is crippling me at the minute .
But overall loving it :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
My mates EP3 set itself on fire last weekend. Absolutely destroyed the whole car, not sure of the cause yet. Luckily he stopped and got out just before it really went up.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
My mates EP3 set itself on fire last weekend. Absolutely destroyed the whole car, not sure of the cause yet. Luckily he stopped and got out just before it really went up.

HID's?

There's been a few recently.

clio 172 phase 2

Woah thats not good to hear , i did see a thread about dodgy chinese hid kits.

clio 172 phase 2
Just added some new spark plugs to the k20 looking at service history these have not been changed , so bought some ngk iridum plugs :)
Some boring pics
gajuru3u.jpg

e6e7amuz.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
Thats what I had the re flash. AMAZING! Cant recommend CPL enough.

That's good to hear mate a lot of people slate cpl on the civic forums from what I've seen , was the reflash very noticeable mate ? As in could definitely feel the difference in terms of speed and drivability ? Sorry for 100 questions lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
People slate the reflash because they have spent a fair few quid on kpro etc. in heinsite I should have done the reflash thing.

clio 172 phase 2
You do love a bargain! Lol

Still wanting a clio again Dan, after all these bits you done to it?

Hey mate hows things , I do miss how fun and raw the clio was but the civic is so much better built it's fun too just doesn't have that character a French hot hatch has if that makes sense :) your clios gone now too hasn't it ? Been a while since I've been on here so havnt been following progress threads lol

clio 172 phase 2
People slate the reflash because they have spent a fair few quid on kpro etc. in heinsite I should have done the reflash thing.

Seems like a worthwhile investment then , if i did want to go the route of inlet/exhaust manifolds and all that they say they can alter the reflash anyways as I'd have hondata. So not too bad . Just doesn't seem very popular which gets me slightly paranoid , vtec lower down would be awesome though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
kpowell911 is by far the best person to speak to. I know bits, he's had it done. If I had my time again and iirc at less than £400 I would do it mate

clio 172 phase 2
Update
The time finally came last week where i could insure the ep3 , absolutely loving being on the road again and the civics
Performing awesome :)
Few problems with the brakes my nsf caliper seemed to have partially seized this was the culprit
pu7y3uty.jpg

So i bought myself a caliper rebuild kit for £20 odd quid and rebuilt it myself which was an absolute doddle :) heres how it looks now
udahehu7.jpg

Also got my injen hydro shield to fit to
My aem cai induction kit just to protect it from water as its in a vulnerable place for hydro lock being in the front bumper .
u4agy9uq.jpg

Went for a spin up the black mountain this afternoon to test the cars handling the jdm anti roll bar has made a good difference alot more solid in the corners , overall the car performed amazing just need to bleed the brakes a little more they are a bit spongy ,
Took two quick pics
u4ena5uv.jpg

emybytur.jpg

More updates on the way as ive just spent
More dosh :/

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Im enjoying it mate! My brother has had a pre facelift and a face lift in the past so I knew what I was getting with the EP3. Looking forward to adding some mods in the future too.

So that's why your cup is for sale.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I had a FRSU with a rear ARB, it really transforms the car. Worth considering, I went to Area Motorsport in Staffordshire and they were excellent.