ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda CRX slaughtered.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

came up behind one of these today. He saw me and put his foot down i cought up and then we had a rounderbout. Coming off the rounderbout he floored it, i was a second late in my reaction and fell behind slightly. Hit the powerband in 2nd and i was on his arse instantly he changed into 3rd and i had to lift off.

I thought these things were quick................obviously not that quick for the valver.

anyone know the specs?

The 1.6VTI is supposed to be 160bhp and 0-60 in 7.8, and the normal 1.6 is 125bhp and 9.3 to 60. Never really liked em much.

Audi S3

think there quite quick standing start but roaling start there nothing against a valver on cam! i.e off roundabout! IMO

cuz i had the same thing off a roundabout both booted and just briezed past and off down the road

Matt

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

It was lowered and looked pretty sporty so i gather it was the 160bhp version. Maybe it was shagged cos i pushed him down the dual carragway faily convincingly.

Youde think 160bhp would be a fairly good match.

was this one low on 16" OX quasars or something?

either black or silver, cant remember. See one all the time round Worthing.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

It was white with a twin exit at the rear. didnt look in that great condition to be honest but it didnt stop him trying to race me.

I really did cain it past him. i was fairly surprised.

CTR EK9 turbo

theyre 1.6s. If it had a bonnet bulge then its a non-vtec (135 bhp) if it was a VTEC it would say vtec on the back below CRX in small letters. UK ones came with 150 bhp and the JDM came with 158 bhp (including knock sensor) obvious way to tell if its an import: square number plate and "SiR" or something on the back. Easiest way to tell is whether its got a bonnet bulge, so if it has one, its a NON-vtec, if it doesnt then its got vtec.

The 135 bhp ones are pretty quick tho, but not as quick as a clio 16v.They weigh something like 980 kg.

aaronc - where did you get your 16v timed, those are impressive stats dude

Um

Just wanted to say I think there is some confussion here between types of CRX and their body shapes. The VTi was the faster incarnation of the last CRX and the Esi was the slower version. Neither of these two cars had bonnet bulges.

http://www.akuroda.btinternet.co.uk/crxpix/withbbs.jpg

The earlier CRX came in a 16V DOHC and the VTEC version, now these did have bonnet bulges (both of them) this was the hardtop version and they were a lot of fun, I had a G reg 16V and it is a nippy car no match for a valver or 172 but you could have a lot of fun on one.

I also had a new shape VTi with the removable roof and again a fast car, the VTEC kick is gggggggreeeeaat it really gives the car an edge and for pure pose value they were great. The papers said this was the car that MG should be building at the time. The engines despite being well tuned were almost indestuctable and if you could get over the cost of parts all round a great little car.

http://www.deamon.com/pictures/ani.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/7013/mestripe.jpg

Dont get me wrong I love my 172 but if the still made the CRX with a new shape and a more powerful engine I would have one of those in the driveway too

MB

Nope, the new shape Vti and the Esi are called del sols in the USA and CRX del sol in the UK (second pic in the post above)

MB

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi Matt, i was talking about the 91 body CRX. I was told that the non-VTECs had a bonnet bulge and the VTECs didnt? not sure where i got the info from, but it seems to coincide with when i see them? The UK spec VTECs came with full leather, and the jap ones were half leather.