ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Honda Paint

Whats the best combo for swirl removal on a black Honda?

Paintwork is in pretty awful shape to be honest. Shall I just stick with menzerna intensive with a SFX1 pad?

I have the 5.5" backing plate and the 3.5 for the spot pads.

Any pad & polish reccomendations welcome

ATR
as above :) need to de-swirl it real bad, its also my first detailing attempt so nothing too pro!

16v Dynamique
I'd try IP on a polishing pad (SFX-2) if it's in bad shape first. If this combo doesn't cut it, then move up to a cutting pad.

Okay, I don't think I'd need a finishing polish with IP I think it will come up nicely followed up with some SRP

16v Dynamique
You may get marks left if you use a cutting pad with the IP, especially on black. Try and seethough and if you do, follow with FF.

bmw m3
personally i always try least aggresive combo first especially on honda paint which is very soft.

Try say menz 106ff you might be surprised with the correction if thats not enough then step it up to ip3.02

as gav said, whatever your correcting always work least aggresive. the paint is very soft so youll be surprised. then extra care on the plastic bumpers.

if you do need to use h 3.02 then follow up with the 106 or 85, as the SRP will have no abrasive. if you dont need the 3,.02, then just one of the above will do. paint clean then wax etc

A well built VW
personally i always try least aggresive combo first especially on honda paint which is very soft.

Try say menz 106ff you might be surprised with the correction if thats not enough then step it up to ip3.02

Is it a nighthawk black civic ? I used to use 106 on a polishing pad when i had mine and managed fantastic correction - Do what Gav said as the Honda paint is very soft Blue fleck is lush when it pops tho

bmw m3
Cheers fellas will use FF then!

there are also two menz finial finish polishes 106FA and 85rd.

106FA has slighty more cut than 85rd, personally i prefer 85rd as i reckon it finishes down a wee bit sharper but tbh theres very little in it.