ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Horrible clanking/scraping from engine on full lock

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi all

Can anyone help me out with a problem i'm having at the moment? Whenever i'm pulling off or reversing when the car is cold or has been sitting for a bit, i get a horrible clanking grinding sound when on full lock. It does it on full lock both ways but is fine when not on full lock. The noise seems to appear the second the clutch is engaged. For example when i reverse out my drive in the morning and put full lock down it sounds absolutely horrendous. I cannot pinpoint where the noise is coming from at all but it sounds like the area where the aux belt is and all the gubbins down there although i'm not positive on this because it's hard to pinpoint. I also have a creaking sound at the moment when driving normally on full lock.

I replaced the ball joints, inner and outer arb bushes and track rod ends yesterday thinking this might sort it but it hasn't. I also tried the washer fix on the top mounts.

Any ideas guys? I wouldn't normally mind the odd creak but this is really loud and sounds bad :(