ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HOU - Rust in peace

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
That's why i'll never sell the dog kennel, I couldn't bear someone ruining it, crashing it, or breaking it for parts, even though i've fell out with my car atm and can't wait until i've saved enough for a decent new daily, the Clio will remain with me and worked on as a project track car.

Not saying breaking HOU was a bad idea or anything because it was obviously beyond saving.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Agree on the selling side ^

But disagree on the beyond saving... This is nothing in the scheme of things
Yeah but when new owners have no emotional attachment to the car it just becomes a collection of parts worth a certain amount of money, rather than a potential money pit that at the end will still be worth the same amount in parts.

If I bought another Clio with half the problems mine has i'd still pull it apart and bolt all the working bits onto my car even though mine's in worse condition, when in reality I should scrap mine and bolt all of my mods onto the new one, the new car may mean something to the previous owner, but to me it would just be a load of spares I can use on mine.

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Agree to some extent....
But not fully as my recent purchase I'm already completely head over heels in love, think we've bonded already. Lol!

Yeah but when new owners have no emotional attachment to the car it just becomes a collection of parts worth a certain amount of money, rather than a potential money pit that at the end will still be worth the same amount in parts.

If I bought another Clio with half the problems mine has i'd still pull it apart and bolt all the working bits onto my car even though mine's in worse condition, when in reality I should scrap mine and bolt all of my mods onto the new one, the new car may mean something to the previous owner, but to me it would just be a load of spares I can use on mine.

Yeah I get that. Happens with many many cars and I would probably also do the same, but I mean't it was far from not being able to be saved. After all, soon all Clio's will suffer with rust.

The best option would of been for a previous owner to save it tbh but worse things happen lol

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with you @DaveDreads with the attachment stuff. People think I'm mad for pouring money into mine, when realistically it's a piece of French scrap. It's my car and won't be sold...I'll pass it on to my grand children to burden their lives with lol. Or put back to OEM if they go up in value.
Although I refuse to use the "R" word (rust) near mine as if I don't think about it it's not there...right??

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Yep.
Broken for parts. The shell is now being turned into a track car. FFS.

@nath&alex ya bad b*****d - post a pic! Lol

You say track car like that's a bad thing?? I will proudly bring it back to its former glory just quite a bit lighter. 2017 is the year that I hope it'll be finished!! I won't talk of my full plans so not to upset previous owners!!!

Some pics from yesterday of YK54VFC
IMG_2925.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG
IMG_2927.JPG

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Shame, I've seen it a few times over the last few years and it's been gradually worse every time.

JEH went the same way, makes me feel sick.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
You say track car like that's a bad thing?? I will proudly bring it back to its former glory just quite a bit lighter. 2017 is the year that I hope it'll be finished!! I won't talk of my full plans so not to upset previous owners!!!

Some pics from yesterday of YK54VFC
View attachment 182019 View attachment 182020 View attachment 182021
I have a spare rear beam and cup wishbones that have had the PMS bearing kits welded in. Just need to get my subframe seam welded and then lots of bits are off for powder coating :cool: I will then fit my rear disc kit that I did for my and @NorthloopCup cars (when he had a mk2 :tongueclosed:) and install the roll centre hubs the real genuine ones from @NorthloopCup :up:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
top tip, never sell a car, ever! completely impractical but at least then no one else can f**k it up and make you sad!lol!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Apprieciate I am probably public/cs enemy now, but it really was a shed. Its parts have made many other clios live on though!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Apprieciate I am probably public/cs enemy now, but it really was a shed. Its parts have made many other clios live on though!

I don't think anyone can blame you for it landing in your lap in an unsavable state, I wouldn't worry too much fella.

It's just that it's like putting your trusty golden retriever down, y'know, the one you grew up with.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's not your fault Akay, it was beyond saving because of previous owners mistreating it, if it's anyone's fault it's McGherkin's for essentially taking the clubs trusted Golden Retriever to the rescue centre and letting any old f*ker take it, you ruined CS Callum!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I needed it gone and I felt sorry for the bloke as he'd travelled the length of the country to find that it was running on 3 cylinders. I'd have sold it for rather more otherwise. It'd been up for a while with very little interest too.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Wow, £500! I got it for £750 and have made £1k+ profit plus a few bits and spares for mine. Its injector rail has just saved mine from a misfire today as well!