ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how biger job is dephaser pully? engine out?

Clio 182
i think my dephaser pully is on the way out

would they not have change it when cambelt was done 10k ago?

if it is this pully how bad is it? will my cam belt snap?

does the engine have to come out.

i have a feeling this is going to cost me!!!!

any replies would be helpfull

cheers

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
£650. have a look on the 'search'. It's talked about every 5 minutes

Clio 182
night mare im falling out with my clio only had it a month

is there anywhere near derby/derbyshire i can take it for someone who knows what there lisning to

to give me a proper diagnosis

cheers

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Someone needs to make a Sticky for the cambelt/aux belt and dehapser for 172 182, wa to many threads.

AB Clio 182 FF
Need mine doing as well , its really bad sounds worse than any of the vids on youtube :( , think i'm gonna book in with Mick@ diamond motors , think he has one of the best prices , if not fred@btm is very good i have heard

Renault Clio Sport
Its not that a big job,lots of stripping to be done,hope you have the locks ready if your doing this yourself...Got mine done last week friday and oh what a joy my clio is now.Wasnt done with the cambelt and aux pulley though as they are still new.Definitely worthwhile getting it done.

Its not that a big job,lots of stripping to be done,hope you have the locks ready if your doing this yourself...Got mine done last week friday and oh what a joy my clio is now.Wasnt done with the cambelt and aux pulley though as they are still new.Definitely worthwhile getting it done.

You didn't get the belts changed even though you had them taken off?

It IS a big job IF you do it properly!

Renault Clio Sport
bud,my cambelt and aux belt and tensioner and idler pulleys were done 736km back,and then we noticed the dephaser making a terrible noise,so i reckon its not that bad as they are litterally new!