ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How bright are these LED sidelights

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
had them about 3 months bloody mad things
s5032429dy0.jpg

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_...=1205&osCsid=2983566192eff40a6f3ac487c232f609

Polo + Micra
i got them in my interior light and they are well bright in there but nothing compaired to the 5w led i was planning on fitting

Be aware that those ultraleds ones fail due to the temperature of the main headlight bulbs - I had two sets that both went within about 3 months, and I don't use my main lights that much as I only use sidelights in urban areas...

And strangely my comments to this point seem to have 'disappeared' off the comments section of the site... :rolleyes:

2012 WRX Waggon
wait till they start bringing out the luxeon star LED's for automotive use, the latest units can produce 5W, and over 100 lumen, they will replace the HID units soon,as they're cheaper and weigh less.

Heat is a problem with high output leds, need good heatsinking

i had the same probs whitevalver, they start to flicker after a few weeks then fail.

You need the ones with just the single LED within a cover, not the quad ones.. like MR BILLY has

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You need the ones with just the single LED within a cover, not the quad ones.. like MR BILLY has

Eh , what ? Mine are single leds .

Leeshez , the drivers side one's a bit of a fiddly b*****d . But i improvised a bit . I found a screwdriver with 3 prongs on to hold the led and some cellotape lol , then it only took a couple of mins . Without it i probably wouldn't have managed tbh .

PRONGTOOLANDLED.jpg

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
i had piaa leds on my 172 for 3 years they went on my alfa for another year , now they are on the wifes clio 138, thats nearly 5 years of life so far. if my 1 watts go i'll buy another set of piaa

megane 225
I found fitting them a breeze, if anyone lives near northampton and wants help give me a shout!!