ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I get Renault to fix my exhaust

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Right my car has been to Renault 6 times since new for different things but each time I have asked them to look at the exhaust. Its the age old vibrating problem at 4k revs.

Each time they say sorry sir, there is nothing wrong with it. I have tried to demonstrate the problem to the service manager but when I do I cant get it to happen!!!! Its worst when the engine is cold!!!

What can I do? I would like it sorted.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Just out of interest Paul, and I know this is no help to your post (sorry), but what mileage are you on? Mine is approx 2800, and I havent heard anything yet? Although when I am reversing onto my driveway it sounds as if it is blowing a little, going to get it up on the ramps in my mates garage and take a good look.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Im on 12,000 at the minute though it has been doing it since about 6000!! I dont think its a serious problem, its just annoying.....made even worse by Renault being unwilling to help!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

i know what you mean mate, they dont want to know about my Trip Computer because the car is an import. (mailto:B@st@rds">B@st@rds!).

RB5 & 172

i have mine in at the dealers on friday for the same problem.

is it when you come off the gas at about 4 to 5k and the revs die it starts to vibrate?

172 Cup

Im going back from my second exhaust in 12 months. My local Renault garage had no problem when I asked them to change it.

Take the car to renault and leave it with them overnight and getthem to start it from cold and try see the rattle... best thing to do.

RB5 & 172

mine does it all the time, cold or hot.

just sounds like a heat shield?

i am planning on swapping my zorst for a magnex but want to get this checked out first.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

jimblive - Yeah mine is exactly that!!! It when you come of the gas not on it!!! Surely Renault must recognise this as a fault so many people have had the same thing.

jamesc2 - The last thing I want to do is leave it with them....everytime I do they bloody break something!! last time they broke the Gear Leave cover...when I picked the car up it was just hanging off!!!! :mad:

S2000

Paul,

I took mine in and saif there was something wrong with the backbox. Funnily enought they didnt touch the backbox and went straight for the mid section and changed it. It was almost like they knew they had a problem with the mid section of the exhaust, I dunno maybe its a known fault!

RB5 & 172

like i said mine is in on friday, if you have not sorted yours by then ill let you know what they say about mine.

172 Cup

It IS a well known fault where the baffles colapse in the centre section. Its nothing new, loads of people had their centre sections replaced last year.

172 Cup

It "was" sorted when they replaced it but as I said earlier Im going back for a second replacement.

Mine has gone in today for the mid section to be replaced, will keep you posted on whether its cured or not.

Mileometer reading just over 12k.

Stu 172.

Clio 200 FF

so to replace the centre did they cut the tailpipe off and weld in a new section or replace the full 1 piece mid and backbox?

my cat has just cracked at the weld between cat and downpipe, local dealers ordered a new cat under warranty

Fiesta TDCI

Mine went in about 4 times for the exact problem mentioned above, your best bet maybe to print off this thread (or search for similar ones) and take that down to them. This is what I did last time and they replaced the whole exhaust (£275+ VAT they are billing Renault for the warranty work).

This is a common problem with the 172, since my exhaust was replaced no further problems!!