ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I tell if my lowered suspension is springs only 182

Clio 182 FF
Hey Guys!

After some help - I may be keeping my 182 now, but the lowered suspension is driving me mental for every day driving.
I believe its been lowered onto Eibach springs, but my mechanic mentioned it may have had all the other bits and pieces done too.
Is there a way of telling if it is springs only without actually starting the job? (just trying to figure out if financially feasible)

Also - can anyone recommend which springs/retailers are best for getting back to as close to standard as possible?

Ta Muchly!!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have Eibach springs and they arent crashy at all. They are a bit firmer than standard but nothing extreme. Sure your shocks arent battered etc?

Clio 182 FF
Hey Davyyy... The ride is pretty fine to be fair (but stiff with the engine mounts)
It's the fact it's so low that drives me mad. I work in a forest and do a lot of country roads (potholes etc) along with it being impossible to go over speed bumps normally.
I just want it back to standard now (I'm old and boring! Haha)

Clio 182 FF
Daft question - just from under the arch or engine bay too? (Will get one in daylight)[emoji2]

Clio 182 FF
Here's the pics... Just freaked my neighbour out trying to get them.. lying on the floor.. then forgetting I've still got mud all over my face as just got back from mud run... oops [emoji14]

uploadfromtaptalk1457802441847.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457802455092.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457802467526.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457802481753.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Apex springs. Going from reviews on here I've read, they aren't the best for ride quality

Clio 182 FF
Yeh, spotted that... not been under it before so never really looked. I want to swap them anyway as need a higher ride

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeh, spotted that... not been under it before so never really looked. I want to swap them anyway as need a higher ride
If you're running 15s then you need a small drop otherwise they might look a bit lost on standard ride height. Eibach sportlines are subtle enough height wise, and the ride is perfect

Clio 182 FF
Yeh, think that's still quite low [emoji53] it's sacrelige I know, but where I work its a nightmare being so low. Lol.

Clio 182 FF
I'm really crap still getting used to this app.. lol. Where could I find the pic. [emoji1]

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Apart from slowing me down when redlining it in all gears, nah no problems. Not as soft as standard obviously, but that's the pay for having sweet lowz

Clio 182 FF
To be fair, the ride doesn't bother me, it's speed bumps (seems to be millions round ) and the country roads [emoji21]

Clio 182 FF
Davyy that's a nice colour! Seems quite a bit higher.. [emoji1]

Do either of u catch your exhaust on bumps? Seem to scrape mine big time right in the middle (back not an issue)

Clio 182 FF
Thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated! Now to convince the hubby to let me keep hold of her... wish me luck! Haha [emoji53] [emoji23]

mk1 Octavia VRS
Eibach Pro-Kit springs here - not had any problems with speed bumps. They are supposed to be a 15-20mm drop, probably the lowest of the aftermarket springs. For your needs I would either try a set of these or go back to standard springs.

XRdM7EIi.jpg