ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can you tell if your car is an import?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
As above on a 54 reg 182?

Renault said my car wasnt on their system and maybe an import? But they're not sure?

Mike

Ford Fiesta
yep, look for ISR window etching and stickers, official renault locking nuts and also alarm led next to gear stick

Ford Fiesta
ISR = International security register. All your glass should be etched with a unique code and stickers should be on your drivers and a passenger windows to confirm.

LED= the llittle red light next your gear stick that means you have a standard renault alarm. Not some blue led or red one fitted to somewhere else on dash.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't know what the fuss is all about with a car being an import . All Clio Sports are made in the same Alpine factory . Only difference is with an import is that the have a factory fitted immobiliser and no alarm . I saved £1500 buying an import then had a Toad cat 1 alarm fitted job sorted ,lol .

Ford Fiesta
MRBILLYUK said:
Don't know what the fuss is all about with a car being an import . All Clio Sports are made in the same Alpine factory . Only difference is with an import is that the have a factory fitted immobiliser and no alarm . I saved £1500 buying an import then had a Toad cat 1 alarm fitted job sorted ,lol .

when I saw "import" I know they are all made in same factory etc etc its just easier than saying "a non UK dealer Renault dealer supplied car". Yeah apart from the ISR etching and standard fob Cobra alarm and locking nuts there is no difference. So long as you get what you are suppose to, mats, foam etc.

But there will always be a difference in price come sell time. But good on ya if you saved a packet and you are happy with it mate.
:)

Only for cars intended for certain markets. Cars intended for Cyprus get a shorter warranty. Most others have your standard 60,000mile / 3 year manufacturer cover.