ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How did I manage this?

BMW M5 & E36
I took these couple of pictures when in the car with a friend recently, and I've got no idea how they turned out as they did. I have virtually no settings on my camera as it's a point and shoot Nikon jobby, and i'd imagine a rapid shutter speed would be needed or something for the spokes/tyre tread to look as they do?

Anywho, I thought they were quite funky and odd that the car looks perfectly stationary whilst travelling at 70+ leptons :cool:

DSCN1867.gif

DSCN1874.gif

Chris

its obvious from the pics that the flash went off... which would create much quicker exposure times in those lighting conditions.

switch the flash off and you will see movement in the picture instead, due to the longer exposure time.

phase 1 172
did you merge 2 pictures together one of road moving then another of your at a stand still?

BMW M5 & E36
Another one:

This time the spokes are blurred yet the tyre tread, and the road under the tyre remain stationary?! I dont get photography! :S

DSCN1796.gif

106 GTi
Looks like the depth of field is creating the blur rather the shutter speed showing motion.

You need the camera in a mode that allows you to choose the shutter speed and for you to choose your focus point.